Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms (Updated Aug 20)

its way easier to get a free server transer than it is to combine servers, which leads to people sharing the same names, guild names, all kind of craptacular crap… much easier to spread out , after the fact

1 Like

I’m shocked that people actually thought this honestly.

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

Sooo can we know what the population algorithm break points are for low, medium, high, and full?

They already did? Stalagg

1 Like

Stalagg is eastern

1 Like

Right. Pretty sure everyone and their mom is expecting a huge dropoff in 1-3 months. I’d rather stand in line to get in for a bit than be on a “medium” server that dies.

2 Likes

Grobsquad of course.

i mean this sorta goes without saying lol

That was blizzards promise.
Were going to use less servers + layers for population control and then remove layering in a few weeks.

I was told i was a tin foil hatter when i said i didnt trust blizzard with layering and sharding.
Im going to laugh when layering is still being use past the first month and say i told you so.

2 Likes

You are a tin foil hatter to be honest. If everybody chooses 1 server, there is nothing Blizzard can do about it. The whole layering thing fixes tourists, it obviously doesn’t help if every player picks Herod.

2 Likes

Except its not just one server that this is an issue on for one.
For two that is not my problem.
Blizzard is one that said layering was going to fix the problems of launch and that it would be gone in a few weeks.

Good to know people like you will defend them no matter what though.

Thanks for update. I would much rather sit in a queue for a few minutes (or more who knows) than log in to BFA and literally see like 10 people in a major city. The servers will quiet down very quickly over a week or two so this won’t be an issue for long.

1 Like

BUMP. We dont know whats going to happen during and after P1, they should only be adding servers after populations start to stabilize

You’re almost right. It wasn’t an overreaction, a huge portion of the players are casuals and they quit in the first few months to play other games.

I still remember levelling my first alt in Vanilla (my main was a level 60 on a raiding guild) and came across this player and his friends looking for one more to do Sunken Temple, so I joined his group. Turns out they all had multiple alts and not ONE level 60 among the 4 of them. I was flabbergasted.

It’s perfectly natural for the population to decrease over time, even more so now. WoW is 15 years old, most players will be veterans coming back for their nostalgia fix and then they’ll leave again. The game is too old to lure in the new generation like it did with ours. We’re going to need cross-realms sooner or later.

1 Like

Give us more warning when you open the next one then so we have a chance to get the names we want before the people who live on these forums scoop them up and then immediately offer them for sale on discord.

Layering will be capped, and it won’t be infinite

For example they might only spin up a maximum of 3 Layers, otherwise if you don’t cap Layering you could find yourself with a realm with 30k+ concurrent players.

Layering is more to deal with the initial “tourist” crowd and not the long term playerbase

2 Likes

I went Whitemane initially, but swapped to Fairbanks - already found a guild that I think is perfect for me in terms of goals, raid days / time and now I’m happy I swapped (and sooner than later too while good names are still available).

Seems like a cooler server vibe / culture.

Stay strong! No more servers!!!

I hate PvP so this doesn’t bother me at all. Regardless, even on Myzrael, i am sure there will likely be queues the first few days, as is the case with every MMO at launch. I’ll enjoy it whenever i can😁