Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms (Updated Aug 20)

Unfortunately, I wish to play on an English speaking PvP server without streamers on the East coast so my choice is limited to one server.

Would be nice to have more choice like back in my day, but I guess I’ll just have to out-endure the visitors as I’m older now so time goes by a lot faster for me.

This is massive and i really hope a blue reads this. The questions isnt even just how many layers or how many people per layer. But what happens when they remove layers. I know some people were in name queue for Herod at spot1 of 125,000. If even 2/3rds of the server pop drops (and i think that’s highly unlikely) that would still be a server size of nearly 42,000 players. Lets just say only half are on at any one time, thats 21k concurrent players at a time.
That just seems like a really bad idea.

2 Likes

I believe Whitemane is a Pacific realm. But otherwise, yeah, it’d be nice to have another EST realm.

EDIT: Well now, looks like I’m an hour late to that news! LOL

“NO CHANGES”
Getting the real experiences now ladies and gentleman. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

They will all have extended queues. Surely the team cannot be serious – if the servers are “full” after a small fraction of the player base has reserved names then launch is in serious trouble without a significantly larger number of servers to choose from.

Or maybe you guys too are really taking that #NoChanges thing to heart and want to relive scrambling to add more and more servers as the game becomes way more popular than you expect.

Good luck.

3 Likes

There is no conceivable way that TM -SS ping pong will actually be a single zone copy. Just no way.

Within a day or two at the most, enough people will be at that level to overwhelm a single zone copy. And you swore that no layering would be in effect there right?

Why make more when they arent all full?

1 Like

But i thought layering was supposed to fix this…

1 Like

Small percent? That’s a joke right…

Pintero where did you make characters

This is true, but have the players underestimated the rate of drop off we may see?

Maybe both parties will be surprised.

1 Like

No, they’re intentionally being very careful on over-releasing too many servers because it’s why we got CRZ and cross-server everything - they overreacted at the start of vanilla and released FAR too many servers that then became ghost towns quickly.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter how many servers you have, if you have a population that will dogpile onto one server you’ll get this issue.

umm…
im think server A or H lock hope

Think we have another double the population size. I’m bringing 5 people with me alone, and I know a lot of other people that are going to other servers with other friends.

1 Like

Awesome :+1: Best thing I’ve heard since pizza carry-out insurance

1 Like

Is Stalagg EST or PST?

Would also like a new EST PVP server.
All we have is Herod to avoid South America and streamers, of course it’s going to be overpopulated.

How long we talkin’?

Why in the world are there so few servers?