Exploring Kalimdor Characters

i don´t get the “Fame” of an Character with no line, with no single purpose expect to show a suprise in regard of Sylvanas talking.

1 Like

its a mix of several things imo.

i think it has to do with how half of the horde feels animosity against sylvanas so the audience can relate, also forsaken are severly lacking representatives now that nathanos and sylvanas are gone and nobody likes calia…

2 Likes

I can say off the cuff several Forsaken characters besides Voss:

Master Apothecary Faranell
Alonsus Faol
Belmont
Helcular

i can´t do the same thing with Tauren or darkspeartrolls

1 Like

But none of them were there to show how they felt in 1080HD Im just saying it how i see it, she was there and caused that kind of impact thats it, same thing with zappy boi.

1 Like

Faol’s not a member of the Forsaken faction anyway. He’s just undead.

4 Likes

Calia has to be the weirdest WoW character I’ve seen. She only looks undead if you spin around three times and squint. And beyond that her character is just a polite idiot.

She thus far exists to say the brazenly obvious. Like pointing out Hyjal’s pretty, Tyrande’s mad and that this Nathanos fellow was not a very nice man. And it’ll never not be bizarre she gets a line about him when Voss, who is also standing right there, actually worked with the guy and might have an actual opinion on the matter.

If they intend to use her as a seeing eye Priest for the empty socket Forsaken then they’re building that up really well.

10 Likes

That’s awesome. More Rexxar is always a plus and I’m very curious as to what kind of dynamic Rexxar and Zekhan will have.

If the Exploring Azeroth series continues beyond Kalimdor, I’m very curious if places like Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria will be joint effort between the Horde and Alliance or if those continents will be a neutral perspective. For example an Exploring Outland could be covered by agents of Shattrath sent by A’dal.

I suddenly fear for Misha’s life.

I’m not sure about that. The Exploring Azeroth series seems to be set before Shadows Rising and thus Shadowlands.

2 Likes

In my ideal world, I’d like to see Chen and Li Li do the Pandaria one. Possibly with hints of Yalia too since Chen and her were so gung-ho about getting hitched in Shadows of the Horde.

Honestly, it’s probably Saurfang. They might do something in the book in lieu of his ghost showing up in Shadowlands. But I’m not married to that idea, and I’d be okay if I was wrong.

3 Likes

Rexxar: And this, (gestures to some ruins) is where Jaina Proudmoore once ruled Theramore.
Rokhan: I thought you once said you had to fight her because she killed too many people.
Rexxar: Yes.
Rokhan: But you fought for Sylvanas.
Rexxar: Yes.
Rokhan: Why did it take you so long to turn against her?
Rexxar decapitates another beloved pet.
Rexxar: Honor.

18 Likes

That would be really neat.

That’s a good point.

1 Like

Shes an OK character… her most obvious flaw is being naive as frick even after being 30+ y/o, the problem is she’s being pushed into a role without being developed organically, she basically popped out of nowhere and is being groomed to be queen of the forsaken and she hasnt done much for them, except dying of a really stupid way, she also doesnt look the part of forsaken with all the light and stuff and all this comes after the fiasco that was bfa so there is that, it doesnt help that she’s getting more screentime without actually developing her as the forsaken leader but more because she’s arthas sister.

its almost as if blizzard is keeping her around so we get used to her before pulling a fast one.

2 Likes

She’s not really a character though. I’ve mained this toon since Legion so I’ve interacted with her an above average amount of times.

And I can’t tell you much about her. Her personality is about as colorful as pantone bleached coral. She does mention how she once hid in a ditch for a week to hide from ghouls, which is probably impressive to someone but as I main an undead I was just staring at her like;

https://youtu.be/bjlr3vfU300

And what’s strange is Golden says she had to push for this Lightborne Undead character to be Calia. So it seems Blizz were set on the concept of a holy creature of the night, but hadn’t had Calia in mind for the role.

So I’m baffled what her purpose here is. She’s the rightful heir of Lordaeron but abdicates. She’s undead but was raised with naaru necromancy. She says she cares for the Forsaken as her own people but has only interacted with Voss.

I don’t hate her, because there’s nothing to hate. She’s just a big nothing with some potentially interesting ideas they don’t seem to want to explore.

10 Likes

Yeah thats why i said she hasnt done squat for the forsaken except dying stupidly and that she wasnt well developed.

1 Like

This actually got an audible laugh from me, thanks.

2 Likes

You should kiss their knees in gratitude, otherwise you wouldn’t have the game to come in and piss on.

3 Likes

If this game is solely surviving based on crap like this maybe the devs should take a hint and do better.

1 Like

Man, just unsub and leave us all in peace, nobody wants you here.

I will consider this your application for the Edgelord of the Week title.

Next contestant!

2 Likes

I’m curious ad I have mostly missed Legion and what I have done had nothing to do with Hunters ( which is where I assume Rexxar comes up ) What did he do that changed your view of him ?

1 Like

I never got this complaint that basically everyone has. She’s not developed and I am mad they are giving her screentime to develop and slowly become the leader they are developing her into.

So you’re mad a new character was made and is getting development, because she is not already developed enough? And the same people will then complain and say the Horde needs new characters developed.