Exploring Kalimdor Characters

I don’t know how old this is, but it was brought to my attention in one of my discords. The two that journey across Kalimdor will be Rexxar, his animal companions and Zekhan!

I am glad to see Rexxar getting more spotlight.

Join famed hunter Rexxar, his animal companions, and Horde Ambassador Zekhan as they make the perilous journey across the lush and vivid reaches of Kalimdor to learn the secrets of the realm. Leave no stone unturned and no tracks unfollowed as Rexxar and Zekhan reveal lore, insights, equipment, and breathtaking landscapes from the ramparts of Orgrimmar to the golden plains of Mulgore to the wilds of Un’Goro Crater―and share one final kindness with a friend along the way. Featuring stunning, immersive artwork and new insights crafted by Blizzard’s own loremaster, Sean Copeland, Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor is your next step in a remarkable journey across Azeroth.

21 Likes

My girlfriend just pinged me about this today, and my friend (who is the world’s biggest Rexxar fan) didn’t know until just now, so I’d imagine this is new.

I’m pumped, tbh. I like both of them, and I’m glad this isn’t gonna be just a singularly Alliance perspective. In a perfect world, I’d like to think they’d do all of the continents, but it’s not a given.

9 Likes

Shadowlands was a great time for me because Zekhan wasn’t there. God damnit I am over him.

3 Likes

Does that mean that only Horde zones will be featured or all Kalimdor zones? I’d be interested to know the state of the (former) Night Elf zones.

Flynn and Shaw got into Quel’Thalas, but there’s not really any beef between the blood elves and them. Compare this to the night elves and the Horde…

I’d be shocked if they didn’t go over it, one way or another.

7 Likes

Sounds like someone is going to end up dead? Any bets?

I’d mostly want to know if Ashenvale is a Night Elf zone or a Horde zone now, and how the other (former) Night Elf inhabited zones are looking like.

2 Likes

Kinda wished it was Zekhan and Bannerbae because I still headcanon them as a duo (probably because of memes) but Rexxar makes the most sense.

Still need to get the Eastern Kingdoms one…(checks Amazon) $20? I hope they come to your house and kiss you first!

6 Likes

Potentially we could see the status of the Sand Trolls after Muel’zala’s imprisonment.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/fc/8c/b0fc8c78bceaa717ea9c1ad0f813fda9.png

7 Likes

More than half the zone was abandoned by the horde after the siege against Garrosh. Likely this is the returned scenario.

Potentially another priest of elune or dryad is willing to guide Zekhan about the ruins before their destination to Demon Fall Canyon.

1 Like

Looking forward to the War of Thorns being whitewashed out of existence by two of the worst characters to ever come into being. :upside_down_face:

Kinda happy how my boy grows :slight_smile: He is going to be next champion of the Horde.
But I hope they will do him right - I want for him to speak more about his tribe and trolls overall.

9 Likes

Let’s see how Rexxar also known as “She has killed too many” narrates things about Night Elves with his own bias and views. I used to like him but after Legion I’m not so sure. I do have high hopes for Zekhan. He could potentially be a new part of a new generation that understand past griveances but aim towards peace between factions and I only wish he’s own view of the world doesn’t get tainted by the likes of Rexxar.

3 Likes

i´m excited to see the dynamic between them :wink: but i hope Zekhan will be more as a mere rezanfanboy…

oh boy cant wait to see how they butcher the lore with this one.

sarcasm aside im more interested in knowing whats up with silithus and felwood.

2 Likes

Back in the days of Vanilla and Classic, it wasn’t uncommon for me to run across Rexxar and his bear when crossing over from Desolace to Feralas.

He was the one Horde NPC who did’n’t go into Kill On Site mode with me.

1 Like

I wonder who actually spends money on this crap.

Seriously. Banner Bae is a complete blank slate of a character who became popular organically for having the best side eye in Warcraft history.

And as the Forsaken are really, really, really short on characters right now that seems like a good one to build on.

Personally as she’s wearing leather and wielding a polearm I’d make her a monk. Those never get touched on by the lore which is a shame as the inherent juxtaposition between their nature and career makes for a fertile field for storytelling.

8 Likes

I am interested in Feralas lore. I remember leveling through Vanilla as Horde the first time, and entering Feralas was like a breath of fresh air. It seemed so alive after Durotar and the Barrens and Thousand Needles. And I always loved Mountain Giants in WC 3. That zone has some of the more interesting WC3 Night Elf Units, and ancient mysterious ruins, as well as a lot of nature and life and greenery. I don’t expect anything earth shattering lore wise, but this book would be a fine place to shine a spotlight on the zone.

It would be fun if they visit the smuggler’s path Nathanos and Saurfang took.

It would be good if they also described a Night Elf reclamation of Ashenvale and Hyjal just to clear it up. I wouldn’t mind if the Night Elves took proper claim over those zones.

11 Likes

get more calia instead.

now to be fair, i dont think they expected bannerbae’s fame to blow up after her 30 seconds on screen, its not like they can just steer the ship away from the story they had planned.