Exploring Azeroth: Northrend preview

I don’t know where these images come from, I can’t see a preview on Amazon.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_Exploring_Azeroth:_Northrend#Gallery
I’m not expecting much of anything from this, it’s likely just going to be status quo despite it being like 10 years in-game since Wrath. Maybe they’ll say if Dalaran has moved back.

7 Likes

Me either. I expect small status updates on the zones, but nothing major.

1 Like

In those pages, nothing changed in the lore at all, since either Wrath or the prepatch.

Also, nice job mentioning killing Zol’maz’s family! /s. Wrath had some of the darkest quests, many of which were neutral, such as putting down a slave rebellion, torturing, etc. Many of that would not be made today.

5 Likes

don’t reward them with buying this book when they screwed up with kalimdor so spectacularly.

13 Likes

I’m gonna buy it and see how bad it actually is. I didn’t buy the Kalimdor book because of the racist elements they blatantly left in the book :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Some interesting things that caught my attention.

General

• Magni, Brann, and Muradin are the exploring characters for Northrend.
  • The book is set after Zovaal was killed, though it’s not made clear how long after.

Howling Fjord

• Muradin is slightly suspicious of the Horde and wants to check on them to ensure that they are keeping the peace.
  • Muradin also believes that the Taunka will welcome Dwarven diplomacy, even though they are apart of the Horde.
    ** Side Note: Currently unsure if that means if he is suspicious of the Forsaken or just the bulk of the Horde, while giving some like the Taunka a pass.
  • Muradin believes that the Vrykul wouldn’t have been much of a problem they hadn’t thrown their lot in with the Lich King.

Zul’Drak

• Still infested with roaming undead.
  • The Explorer’s League plans on returning to the region to uncover Drakkari artifacts.
  • The Zandalari are still present at Zim’Torga.
  • Zol’Maz Stronghold is now controlled by the Scourge.

Icecrown

• The Argent Tournament still gets the occasional Scourge incursion.
  • The Scourge have become dormant with Zovaal’s death.
10 Likes

Oh, I missed this part. I still want to know about the destruction the Scourge caused on Azeroth, before the Jailer was defeated.

8 Likes

Man, this book looks just as useless as Exploring Kalimdor in terms of getting actual updates. Makes you wonder why they even bother to make these at all.

To me the only bit of noteworthy information here is the fact that apparently, the Drakkari guy in Zul’dazar is not actually the only one left, and there are a few scattered survivors out there

EDIT : Also please tell me this isn’t the only “update” we’ll be getting about the Taunka…

13 Likes

Wasn’t Redridge overrun by the scourge? And I think a few other small towns might have been destroyed or damaged during the scourges rampage

3 Likes

Hopefully these are just samples because…well it’s kind of sad otherwise. Why call them Explorer books though if they aren’t going to give us any noteworthy information.

Not that it matters when they’ll actively retcon it to fit whatever new shiny thing they happen to be working on

9 Likes

The Zandalari still being in Zul’Drak is actually one of the weird status-quo temporal stasis things, imo. They were only there to document the downfall of the Drakkari, so why are they still manning that outpost a decade after the Drakkari fell?

12 Likes

I have no idea, perhaps some of the Zandalari decided to stay to stay and communicate with the local loa, while others such as Chronicler To’kini returned to Zuldazar?

2 Likes

I thought all the local Loa were killed or consumed by the Drakkari to try and hold off the scourge though :dracthyr_nod:

I am singlehandley buying this book for updated news on what is happening in Ulduar.

:squid:

In otherwords the mindless rampage of the Undead was all Zovaal’s Domination at work.

Warcraft Traveler wasn’t kidding when it said that Forsaken needed extra magic to gain free will.

Gretchen Dedmar feeling the threat of becoming mindless again was the Domination taking hold once again. With Zovaal dead that is ended.

5 Likes

Well that’s convinient of the Northrend Zandalari to remain neutral.

I hope there is an update to our spider friends.

6 Likes

We met them in BFA when you were doing island hopping. Occasionally you see Ice trolls and they are implied to be refugees from Northrend we killed them just the same as any other fool who happens upon us. Kinda makes us genocidal monsters if you think about it. Whatever few that remain, they’ve adopted themselves into island populations hopping from one island to the next while facing us for Azerite.

6 Likes

That fits the theme of BfA.

Edit: Weren’t they a hostile tribe that practied necromancy?

2 Likes

I could understand the first two books, for all their flaws, being made, but at this point… also, they skipped Outland. Maybe they actually possibly have plans for it they don’t want to spoil?

1 Like