Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor early arrivals/leaks

Not only that, Goblins in-game rub their hands in a certain way while doing the /speech emote, and have a New York accent - The stereotype has always been there in your face, but even then it still feels lame.

2 Likes

Was it specifically mentioning wells? Or isnt this just a reference to how their polluting ways had made Southfury River undrinkable(as per the Baine short story)

Wasnt that more because Goblin were given a whole Jersey Shore accent?

1 Like

Well, the highest concentration of Jewish population does live in NJ and NY.

worldpopulationreview . com/state-rankings/jewish-population-by-state

I lived there for almost a decade, trust me I know.

How can we ever trust a plague ghoul?

1 Like

I sort of guessed there was a pretty big jewish community in NY(mostly because I watched the Nanny as a kid) but my point is the accent given to the goblin was probable more due to the show Jersey Shores(which was pretty popular around the world at the time) then as a reference to any jewish link goblin mythology was associated with.

1 Like

Iā€™m in agreement on connecting the original introduction of the tribe with their actions in Cataclysm. An easy fix would have been to state how the Cataclysm damaged their home and/or killed their leaders. Then a new leader arose Jorā€™kil (he was introduced in Cataclysm), Garrosh made his offer, and in desperation and greed the Shatterspear were convinced to attack the night elves.

3 Likes

A Jewish dev confirmed they added the Italian stuff after they realized they were purely antisemitic tropes, in the wake of the lawsuit lol

Was one of the spicier ā€œspill the teaā€ tweets

3 Likes

Link?
10char

1 Like

Itā€™s in the r/wow compilation post the admin made!

2 Likes

Nobodyā€™s going to point out the obvious? That the race with an awful lot of Jewish stereotyping going on, also happens to be the greedy money-obsessed race?

I mean, I know we all know it, but sometimes stating the obvious is necessary.

1 Like

It got deleted, but itā€™s in this post.

1 Like

That is absurd. I can only take unreliable narrator so far, because at the end of the day thatā€™s written by a real person who works for Blizz and chose to leave out all of the tribeā€™s actions for the past decade. Like, thatā€™s some Baghdad Bob-level omissions there.

6 Likes

Wowwww cowards :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ok, ok, yes, Most definitely. Yes. I agree with you because it is written. And you are my brother of another color from another mother.

But however and also, have you seen how they make the humans dance?

Donā€™t it look just like the traditional dance of my ancestors?
Isnā€™t it the exact tight one?
Arenā€™t they rectified in the likeness that which we use our natural ways to summon Macklemore when in need of a new hot fire single?

Zekhan is just another alliance boot licker just like his idol Saurfang was. I hope he and all his friends get killed off next time. We do not need those filthy scum of traitors in our ranks, The less of them exist the better is the Horde off.

1 Like

You are a ray of sunshine, on a cloudy day.

I bet when itā€™s cold outside, heā€™s got the month of May.