Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor early arrivals/leaks

This thread is relevant to my interests :eyes:

1 Like

yeah but horde didn’t really lose any warfront in game, all we know about horde losing is because a line of dialog of nathanos and genn? i dunno, and dazar’alor raid.

they stoped doing warfronts because people didn’t like em and they change the expansion thematic to old gods

No, canonically Horde lost both in-game warfronts.

I’d take the edits with a grain of salt until the book is out imo

8 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely will be taking it with a grain of salt till the books come out. Just always interested in this. Been waiting for this book for quite some time now.

2 Likes

Well we have about a month more before we can actually find out if it true or not. The people who are editing them, are they adding proof?

Also I need to buy the Shadowlands one. Part of me thought some might scalp but it is actually at a discount in my country.

The only proof that is shown is the reference being Exploring Kalimdor with a page number to go with it. And until more people get access to the book, or if one of the ordering sites did have a page leak like Amazon did with Exploring Eastern Kingdoms and a website like Wowhead or MMO-Champion reveals it… we won’t know.

This is probably the only thing I have problem with so far if correct, why rebuild in the backyard of Orgrimmar instead of dustswallow marsh or the barrens?
I can’t see this working well with the current truce going on and any remaining bad blood.

Makes sense, the giant thorns are sacred to them since the blood of Agamaggan spawned the thorns.

Can’t wait for more.

4 Likes

The fact that Thrall accepts this status quo irks me. Alliance should be forced to draw back from all Horde terretorries.

Someone burn stormwind to the ground please

9 Likes

The human potential is hitting hard. Blizzard will gladly take city and land of any other race if its mean they can give more to the human…

Kind of remind me that time when blizzard destroy both forsaken and NE city just to give a other city to the human…

17 Likes

Honestly it could just be the person editing is only putting the Alliance gains

I’m back, baby! /wave

Is that new information? There was a quest in vanilla that stated that.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Encroachment

“When we arrived, the Razormane quilboars possessed much of the land, and proved a thorn in our sides. Through our efforts we have driven out the largest part of their numbers, but still they remain well-fortified in some areas.”

It’s pretty clear that the Quillboar are a colonized people, from that. It’s not that the orcs settled on uninhabited land, and the quillboar attacked them because quillboar are evil. It’s not much different from what humans and elves did to trolls.

1 Like

Than they’re missing the elephant in the room, I doubt blizz is tone deaf enough to give zero info on kaldorei holdings

9 Likes

It IS clear that they are crapping on the Horde again. They are so weak that they can’t even control their own backyard.

2 Likes

It’s kinda sad, not gonna lie. It’s almost like blizz refuses to learn their lesson after we all complained about how terrible things are to date

14 Likes

You have a race with an immense affinity for technology like the mag’har are. That they could be promoting an industrial revolution all over kalimdor, building railroads, a new blackrock foundry, yet we have this old human nut lore with bases 2 miles away from the orc capital.

It’s irritating to me how much these writers don’t have the slightest imagination to build a Horde that looks like a Horde. Always this pathetic situation were the faction finds itself surrounded and in ruins.

And then they call Garrosh fans proto-fascists. How could you not like Garrosh when it was the only time in Horde history where we actually saw a powerful and intimidating Horde?

How could we not like him after seeing the military might of the Iron Horde, which ingame had a representation as intimidating as the Legion? I’m tired of this Horde in ruins, with this utterly disappointing lore.

It doesn’t make sense for a faction to call itself the Horde, and therefore to be a war machine and be pathetic like that. For me the real Horde is the Iron Horde.

5 Likes

It’s almost like writers can only write what they’re familiar with and the writers have admitted and shown themselves to be brutally ignorant of the myths and histories of the people most of the NonHuman races are largely based upon and so focus on Humans and Western Mythology because it’s easier for them.

No this is tired and old.

Warcraft 1 layout is bad.

Evil Horde is boring, bad, and kills interest in the game.

15 Likes

I was able to witness this up close. I work as a data analyst, and I was able to follow the entire process of a Brazilian game start-up that was worth less than 1 million dollars and in 4 years became worth 3 billion in market value.

In the beginning it was all about good games, then my work became something very important there, it was all about engagement and creating new strategies so that monetization could be maximum. No wonder I left this job, as the work environment was extremely toxic.

I’ve been following your posts about these aspects of lore for some time now, and I couldn’t agree with you more. Clearly they don’t have the remotest notion of how to represent the Horde. And that they don’t even bother to do that anymore.

Maybe I expressed myself wrong. But my point is that at least Iron Horde gave me a sense of power and military capability. And that sounded to me exactly how the Horde should be. I love the Horde’s diversity. And I think the role of other races in this regard is fundamental.

I just want to see a Horde that generates this sense of greatness that Iron Horde projected.

22 Likes

I’m in sort of the same boat just different. Like why can’t blizz just ONCE capitalize on the unique potential the gilnean harvest witches could bring to the game/lore. But nooo, we’re stuck with the blandest and possibly the most boring human nation, stormwind,always being the center of attention

21 Likes

They would never have the humility to do it. Because to put it simply, Gilneas is cooler than Stormwind. Everything in the Alliance is destroyed in favor of Stormwind representation, as they find it easier to destroy than to create an engaging lore in favor of other races. So the logic of the Alliance’s lore is that for a kingdom without lore to shine, others simply have to have their presence erased.

And I think the consequences of that inevitably extend to the Horde. Since it all comes down to this boredom called Stormwind, the Horde is also by extension a victim.

19 Likes