Exploit: Summoning infernal on non-flagged players in Cenarion Hold causes guards to attack non-flagged players

IIRC it’s authentic. Maybe someone could say otherwise.

You getting fragged when you land at a flight path is working as intended.

Infernals casuing guards to attack the person they damaged instead of the infernal/warlock is an actual bug.

Nope. Not when it’s one person controlling an entire raid of characters killing everything in sight.

MBing is not an exploit, whether you like it or not blizzard is a okay with it and it’s working as intended that large groups of players can camp flight paths if they want to.

LOL imagine still arguing about multiboxing 15 years later.

dude, wut? They attack anyone the infernals damage, how is that fine?

Exactly. While it is funny to watch it happen, it definitely is a bug, and a major one. One warlock can wipe an entire raid with it. Definitely needs fixing.

But here is the thing: This is likely related to spell batching, which Blizzard has implemented, and won’t revert, due to the technological cost savings which translates into major $$$ savings for them. So I anticipate this bug not being correctly resolved as it would require a redo of the spell batching system. This system accounts for many other bugs in the game as well.

PVP is not griefing. You’re on a PVP server, somebody casted fireballs on you, and you died. Somebody casting fireballs on you, and you dying, means that you aren’t good enough in-game and likely in real-life as well. Get some friends together, form a group, get in a guild, etc., and then fight back.

It could be that the infernal isn’t owned by anyone for 1 batch. It puts out a pulse of AOE, then gets insta-enslaved.

THEN on the next batch the players who got hit auto-retaliate with whatever shields and buffs they have (think of things like lightening shield and thorns). Since the infernal wasn’t initially owned by anyone, guards only see the retaliation damage as coming from a player, so they aggro the players.

I don’t know if it’s right, but it has to be SOMETHING like that.

You are very close, and I think so because there are other exploits that can be done in CN to cause guards to attack innocent people. I am not going to type those out since those exploits require using other spells not typically used/other items not typically used, so it becomes more cheat-y vs just using Infernal.

But my point is that you are likely EXACTLY correct.

Insulting me irl, good one buddy. I get it, you’re delusional. Have fun while it lasts.

Dude who pays for what? 22-25 accounts to multibox just to grief horde is complaining about something that is grieving him? Oh the irony.

Btw…before anyone goes “pvp happened QQ” … the 3rd party program to allow someone to multibox 20+ accounts just for grieving people should be against TOS and illegal to use.

We all know its about the money so w/e

3 Likes

Its more like, the infernal comes down. It is a pvp enabled mob. It causes damage triggering the people it damaged to be flagged as engaging in pvp combat. Then it is enslaved, wiping it off the aggro list, leaving only the people who it dealt damage to on the pvp combat list of the guards, so that’s who they go kill.

Its only the initial summon of the infernal that does this. The aura pulse does nothing. And if you send it to attack people, the guards will pwn you for it… If you could get enough warlocks though, rhey could all summon infernals and run around killing people with just the pulses over time. Probably 4 or 5 locks would be enough to do that.

I’m really waiting to hear if this is just CN issue or a general neutral guard issue with infernals.

Warlocks on pvp realms, please try this around other neutral areas and see what happens.

Indeed. The best place to test would probably be Gadgetzan. There are enough guards there that you should be able to get the infernal to land in their agro radius even if the other faction’s players aren’t cooperating and standing still for you.

I can confirm this works in Gadgetzan, Lights Hope Chapel, and Everlook.

1 Like

So, either a general issue with neutral guards, or something on infernals, then.

1 Like

Yes.
My money is on an order of processing glitch related to how infernals specifically work.

2 Likes

this isnt a huge deal, there are a lot bigger problems with the game than this

You aren’t flagged for the guards by someone doing damage to you. It’s the other way around.

Which is why the Infernal should be considered an exploit. There is no damage being done to the infernal. Nothing.

Because in this case, That is exactly what is happening. People who are doing literally nothing in retaliation, no thorns, no lightning shield, no ret aura, no fire shield, absolutely nothing, are being flagged to the guards because an infernal damages them on summon.

2 Likes