Exploit: Summoning infernal on non-flagged players in Cenarion Hold causes guards to attack non-flagged players

As long as the warlocks are focusing on players with world buffs, I’m ok with this. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

To be fair, anyone of either faction with world buffs in cenarion hold deserves what happens next… Any decent guild should be summoning at the zone in with lock alts

This was possible in original classic no?

Not to my recollection.

This seems to be an issue brought on (if I was to speculate) by the artifical batching in Classic.

The infernal had to be summoned, and then is enslaved, and there’s a notable gap when it’s neutral to the lock, but actively in combat with players via damage. It then is enslaved by the lock which is why it likely drops all threat with the guards, leaving only the players in combat with it on any aggro list. Now why those players are on an aggro list for being attacked is the part I can’t explain.

1 Like

The issues batching have brought into this game is actually crazy. all so they could simulate a load balancing technique from 2006

2 Likes

I had no idea, thanks for the tip!

Can confirm this works, just gave it a shot. If you drop an infernal on an enemy player in town, the guards attack that player, and don’t even come after you. It’s a free assassination on anyone in town for the low low price of one summoning reagent!

2 Likes

Huh, I wonder if this would work in Booty Bay and the other gobblin cities.

Excellent…

No. There was a period where you could set infernals on people without aggroing the guards, but that was fixed at some point between aq and naxx. however, the victims in this case would only attract guard attention if they actually attacked the infernal.

As it stands now, you can be sitting afk, have an infernal dropped near you, take damage from the inferno aura, and be killed by the guards without having used a single ability or even moved.

sweet, thanks for the tip. im gonna try this when i get home !

cant summon infernals in booty bay. has to be outdoors.

Oh that’s right its not truly outdoors, well parts are, gonna try this.

Not gonna lie, if I had a lock I’d be doing this all day…

Thanks everybody in this thread who have confirmed this bug

We need Blizzard’s attention on this to get it fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Blizzard has already made it clear they won’t fix anything about infernals. They don’t behave like they used to

1 Like

I see what you’re saying.

It’s a bug with CN guards tho. There are now other ways you can flag guards to kill opposing faction players who aren’t fighting/afk/minding their own business.

Extremely ironic coming from the guy who spends all day griefing the horde in Cenarian Hold with your 30 mages and priests, yet when other people are able to grief you back you complain? Absolutely ridiculous.

Not sure what you are referring to, I don’t have 30 mages and priests.

Also, PVP is not griefing.

It’s funny, doesn’t require the target to be AFK to work, and also needs to be fixed.

The guards are attacking the players damaged by the infernal, and not the infernal or the owner of the infernal.

Neutral guards are supposed to attack any player who either caused damage or put a harmful effect on a player of the other faction. I believe that includes thorns and similar retaliatory effects.

Even if that weren’t true. The warlock who summoned the infernal is never attacked, and neither is the infernal.

It’s a bug related to the infernal not being bound to the warlock initially. The use of the infernal to cause the guards to aggro is an exploit of that bug.

I had a chuckle when I tried it out myself, but this bug really should be fixed.

Sorry, I couldn’t get the exact count from my combat log because it only takes fireballs from 8 of the 20 mages and holy nova from 3 or 4 of the priests to kill me.

What you do is NOT pvp. It is griefing plain and simple. If you’re going to say that warlocks summoning a mob into a city is exploiting, then the same goes for playing 30 accounts at once and using all of them to kill people as they land in a major city’s flightpath all day. If they retaliate against you in town, they get killed by guards. Pretty much the same as this infernal ‘exploit’.