Explain to me the fool of a Twink. purpose?

Don’t reply to that idiot… he’s a massive willfully ignorant troll tho. Take a scroll thru his posts. He is either the most ignorant person on the planet or posts purely to upset people. I am willing to bet it’s a little column A and a little column b but who knows? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Honestly, I would google search the history behind this term if I weren’t at work.

You have been complaining about twinking on these forums since before BFA released. I pwned your alts for years now and you still get triggered LOLOOOL

To be fair, that’s just going to get kills. Victory means you actually have to play the game.

You can get tons of kills and still lose. I’ve seen many times the twinks that rack-up 90% of BG kills, only to lose the game because all they were doing was farming the graveyard and literally everybody else in the game was ignoring flag carriers.

1 Like

You haven’t killed a single “alt” and I don’t BG outside of max level. And you have zero clue what you’re talking about as, again, I haven’t been posting “for years”. Look at my first post. You ALSO have no idea who any of my other toons are or where. Sooo again, ignorant moron confirmed.

Stay mad sir, stay mad.

Can’t be mad at the mentally handicapped. But you do you. Warning ppl that they won’t get anywhere with you is not mad, it’s a public service.

1. Having never twinked, i never knew that.
  2. That is awesome.

It means I can spend 200 gold from my geared out, farming gold toon to create a level 19 demon with 3x the HPs and damage of your slow leveling toon.

It also means that when you get in another BG with a bunch of other geared/enchanted toons on both sides, it’s a different pvp experience.

I’ve seen that too, many times. Decking yourself out in gear doesn’t magically fix you being bad, it merely hides it a bit more imo

Try 2000 gold if it’s a rogue, if you’re going for full best in slot and aren’t just gonna be a half twink nub. Shadowfang goes for 300-400g alone, then you need 200g for your offhand, assasins blade. Duel meadow rings of eluding are going for 100g a pop, the librams cost money, duel fiery or sader/agility to weps costs money, plus 4 stats to chest is over 100g, feet of the lynx are going for 50-80g. Not counting the money you spend buying dungeon runs for the BoP gear you need.

1 Like

Also, don’t forget you have to try and pay ppl to run the dungeons for you so you don’t get xp then step inside for the last boss kill for loot that you want/need. Bunch of people forget that too and then have to stop gearing because they will ding if they don’t.

It gets better.

Making twinks always risked a chance that you’d out-level your bracket while attempting to obtain your necessary items, so people frequently asked for a way to shut-off xp. When xp started being given in battlegrounds, the noise became an uproar.

It was eventually implemented. We got what we asked for… while simultaneously that patch separated XP-off BGs from XP-on. Most twink brackets never saw a battleground again outside of organized events.

The 19 bracket eventually saw players making new characters and deleting them when they turned 20. At that time, 10-14 and 15-19 were separate, so you could go through two brackets before you started having to spend a lot of time gearing.

Finally, in the first stat squish patch, all twink gear had stats put in-line with level requirement instead of ilvl, causing exactly zero difference between any particular player in BGs.

Now, not only did most xp-off brackets get no battlegrounds, but they were the same as every other player and STILL couldn’t join the normal queue.

Net gain for Blizzard: how popular is PvP these days in retail? After several rounds of middle fingers to people who actually enjoyed some aspect of the game, it turns out whiners are just whiners.

There was even one time when every xp-off character simultaneously had XP turned back on and XP set to the amount necessary to level - 1. I will probably never find a reference to that anywhere on the Interwebz, but it happened to all of my twinks just after one of the expansions dropped (thinking MoP, but could be wrong). I just needed to turn XP back off.

Being Twinked is wanting to destroy your opponent as quickly and easily as possible in your BG bracket.
If you have one on your side in a BG, you are in good shape.
It is also breeds whining from players who think the game should play according to what they feel like putting into it and everyone should have the equivalent gear as their green sporting non enchanted geared toon.
They will be raising their ugly heads soon enough on these boards.
One shot them here on the boards, as they will be one shotted in the BG’s

People act like there aren’t twinks at endgame. Have fun dealing with the raiders as a fresh level 60, its the exact same thing.

3 Likes

People commonly compared twinks to sexual deviants. It was appalling that they never made the connection between twinking and endgame PvP, where resilience expanded the difference between fresh and complete gear by lightyears.

Yes, I’m frustrated. Every aspect of the game that I enjoyed turned to dust and became a mindless slog through LFR. PvP at end-game was even normalized such that the difference is only +/- 5%. Would be great if you could kill someone quickly enough, but everybody had so many heals and defensive cooldowns that you legitimately could not kill anyone who didn’t want to be killed unless it was 10v1.

I see you’re already 39 ans looking geared, but then realized that’s not a Classic toon… How is the 39 Bracket in Classic I have yet to play it this time round.

its not a joke

Twink is gay slang for a young man in his late teens to early twenties whose traits may include: general physical attractiveness; little to no body or facial hair; a slim to average build; and a youthful appearance <----literal definition of a twink.

Advice for levelers facing twinks:

I leveled my shaman alt from 29-30 in WSG, and about halfway from 39-40. Faced quite a few twinks in my leveling gear. I also have a 29 hunter twink. So here’s what I suggest:

• Heal, CC and dispel/purge

That’s it. Heal, fear, sheep, frost nova, slow, gouge, sap, dispel, purge, blessings…whatever you got. You don’t need to be twinked to do those things, and doing those things wrecks twinks as easily as it does levelers.

My alt is an enhancement shaman, and I pretty much do nothing but heal, purge, earthbind and tremor. Occasional earth shock to interrupt (usually a fear when I have EB down instead of tremor). I’m not trying to get phat windfury crits on twinks, regardless of my leveling spec. That way lies failure.

1 Like

After they split the queues again during BfA, twinks were no longer able to do bgs and most quit. Now leveling players in bgs have garbage gear and don’t care in the least about it. Meanwhile the feature called “party sync” enables a low level anchor toon to bring in max level players who will farm the bejeezus out of the other team.

I thought they should have started a rated category in each bracket and encouraged twinks and others who cared about gearing by providing slightly better rewards.