Explain to me the fool of a Twink. purpose?

I am a very slow leveler so BiS I finally understand what that means. yes I played before but retail and addons did so much automaticly, Vanilla is really vanilla for me to grasp.

You stay at 19 / 29 / 39 / 49 and PvP with other people who have stopped at that bracket

Kill times are incredibly low and certain classes are completely broken in certain brackets.

29 Is probably the most reasonably balanced bracket for twinks

3 Likes

Twink is simply gearing as best as possible for your level. Level 60s do it all the time. The difference is that getting the best (or really good gear) for lower levels is easier to do.

There’s a community around it and it’s mostly built around PvPing in different battleground brackets and usually against each other. It’s a fun way to play the game.

Then again there’s other twinks that exist just to kill new players in BGs and leave when there’s a twink premade…the same ones that camp duskwood at 19/29 and camp tanaris at 47/49. Those aren’t twinks, those are just scum.

Definitely the most fun also.

9 Likes

making a low level character, getting bis pieces and putting endgame enchants makes you a god among those in that particular combat bracket. 19 twinked paladins for example can one shot non-twinks while doubling their health pool.

1 Like

The explanations so far are good, but here is a different way to state it:

A twink chooses a different character level to be its max level and obtains the best items available for that level, with the goal of achieving the maximum potential for that class at that level. Then plays at that level as if it is end game. Once reaching max level they avoid further xp gains.

The levels chosen for WoW typically correspond to max level of the Battle Ground Brackets 19/29/39/49.

Each bracket has its own sort of balance and power considerations and can be a very fun way to play the game.

4 Likes

Yes, and these “Twinks” above are the ones that will laugh at you for not maxing out your leveling character just like they maxed their stagnant toon.

They feel they have every right to copse camp the bg gy and prolong the levelers agony as long as they remain in the bg. They gleefully mow over anyone not as geared as they are. (Just like the Twinks in live before we fixed that.)

So be prepared for more Get Gud, Its not our fault youre in crap gear, pvp in a pvp bg. you suck at pvp, Learn to pvp noob, Dont queue if you dont like it etc etc. They are practically drooling for tasty levelers as we speak. Mark my words.
Oh and this is 100% true

They would rather afk out then fight an opposing twink team, they cant one-shot them. They dont do fair fights. You’ll see.

disclaimer: All Twinks do not behave this way but itll sure feel like they do.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I said. Those are scum, not your standard twink.

Also there’s new scum that will exist in Classic. The good ole Level 47 world PvP twink. The kind that will farm tanaris all day and give literally 0 honor to any level 60 that wastes their time killing them.

So Twinks for BGs and just having the best stuff… ok I don’t pvp. i am the fool watching Tarren Mill Southshore fights today. thank you to those who wave at me instead of mounts and farting on me. I am in awe of how folks do it. Thank you for explaining to me what the purpose is and goal. Not sure if there is ever an end goal in WOW.

lol yeah, I dont know either :wink:

I hope this Twink info doesn’t stop you from tying to bg. They truly are a fast way to improve your pvp and sharpen your skills in general. Its a lot of fun and thrilling when you win and sometimes even if you dont.
Plus, you’re not alone, you have a team to fight with. You win or lose together.

But! just as Illadin says “you are not prepared”, its true with battlegrounds as well.

You. must. enter. prepared.

Replace those whites with auction house greens. Is every slot full with gear and is it your level or close to it? Your gear will save your life.
How about an enchant or two if you can afford it?
Do you have trinkets, rings, a necklace?
Definitely do dungeons and get some blues.
Invisibility potions, swiftness potions, heal/mana pots, bandages, any tool you can get your hands on really, your opponent will be using them, you could too.
Try to be a level number that ends in 7,8, or 9 before you enter. You’re stronger and have more spells.

If youre ready like this, and the rest of your group puts in the effort as well, you will enjoy doing battlegrounds so much more, youll be an asset to your team and a force to reckon with.

A brief note of “fun” and for the pre-1.7 players out there. Before Arathi Basin was implemented, the PvP brackets used to be 21-30, 31-40, etc. Some people spent hundreds of gold making the perfect level 30 twink before patch 1.7 came out and they were suddenly at the bottom of the new bracket.

1 Like

lol no. 49 is where almost every spec is viable. 29 is a plague of hunters and rogues just like 19.

4 Likes

Twink is a gay slang word actually. Look it up. Normally used for young men. Idk why you use it here 2bh…

1 Like

Nice explanation Zinqf!

I remember when twinks said they just wanted to BG against other twinks, so blizz separated them from levelers doing BGs for kicks, the twink community died off almost instantly.

3 Likes

39 / 49 are the most balanced by a mile.

The two most attractive featurers about the 39 brace are no mounts make map position and coordination 10x more valuable, and the time needed to kill and enemy player is much slower than the other brackets.

Almost forgot, 39 is also handy in that most gear is Quest and dungeon loot, instead of BoE.

Additionally Hunters and Rogues never dominated the bracket in either Vanilla or TBC.

It was actually very enjoyable.

1 Like

39s forever

not completely true. Blizzard made it possible to level by playing BG’s not just turning in tokens. For twinks specifically they added the ability to turn off your XP gains but that also put them into a BG limbo.

Twink battlegrounds are the most balanced BG’s you can get. The people that put the most effort into their gear will have the advantage, and that advantage can be obtained by ANY PLAYER in the game. You do not have to raid or do any end game content at all to compete like you do at 60.

If you put zero gold into your gear at level 60, you get smashed in BG’s, or if you aren’t in a raiding guild with access to epic gear… you get smashed in BGs

At level 19, put some gold into your gear and compete on an even field.

Its a way to get your jollies off by using OP classes at specific levels, while beating up on leveling players whilst you send every Best In Slot piece you can to your alt so you can feel like you’re good at the game.

Nothing like being in the 10-19 bracket at level 19 with normal gear and there is a player on the opposite team with full enchants and BiS gear with the AP and Stamina of a level 40 player.

in twink BGs people go for the win because no one is there to grind honour