Explain this

Can someone explain this to me. For quite sometime I’ve been playing as prot, I decide to switch over to ret for a bit…

The first thing I noticed is how quick I get blown up…I have to ask myself if I’m still wearing plate…

And that leads me to the part I need answers on. Why when I get on a freshly leveled warlock does it feel like it can absorb or take more damage then a geared plate wearer?

Please discuss.

6 Likes

You’ve been playing with a crutch for a while. It will take getting used to. Go with defensive azerite traits and talent abilities until you settle in.

3 Likes

ret doesn’t get blown up.

Pffffffttt lol rekt

Never said I was switching. And I see the kiddos are out in full force tonight.

4 Likes

Locks have a lot more effective health and barely less armor which, as you know, is useless against spell damage anyway. They also don’t have to put themselves into compromising positions since they aren’t melee.

2 Likes

Stack vers and don’t play like you’re playing prot

1 Like

Destro Warlock is pretty weird … has zero mobility but is built like a tank instead of a DPS

2 Likes

Warlocks have demon armor .

1 Like

Even with demon armor it’s still less than plate. I’d have to look at the buff cause I forgot what it’s called. But locks get an absorb that’s more powerful than three top tier Azerite traits that a prot paladin can get.

1 Like

It gets blown up quite easily.

6 Likes

Plate, Mail, Cloth etc don’t seem to matter . Look at the cloth wearing Mage too. So many absorbs and bubbles …much more than the mail wearing Shaman

5 Likes

The armor issue has bothered me for some time now. Armor doesn’t seem to matter like it used to (should?) in PvP. What seems to be more important is the quality of defensives blizz decided to give a spec. I don’t play other plate classes, but ret is quite susceptible to ranged (especially geared ones) who actually know how to kite/CC.

5 Likes

Can you give an example?

2-3 people has the pally folding. The lock can take more punishment…

2 Likes

Switch your talents to Zeal and Crusade. PvP talents switch to Unbound Freedom, Blessing of Sanctuary, and Vengeance Aura. Personally I’m still playing around with Ret myself, but Unbound Freedom is a must.

1 Like

I must assume you’ve never looked at an actual breakdown of damage done by classes.

The only specs I can think of that armor impacts significantly are:

Feral (lol i know right why?)
Sub Rogue
Warriors of all kinds
MM/BM hunter
UHDK
Everything else really is kinda meh to have armor versus. Even a ret paladin has mainly holy damage.

2-3 people have about everyone folding

6 Likes

I am not even going to pretend I know what I’m doing as a lock…I can have people wailing on me and an eternity later I remember I have mortal coil or fear and it’s ok because for some unknown reason I’m not taking as much damage.

Ret if you don’t hit that flash of light heal or sov your done…very little room for error.

2 Likes

Because warlocks have passive defensives, And very few active ones

Ret paladins have very active defensives. If you don’t use them properly, you die quick

6 Likes