Experimental stuff

People have a right and free will to do whatever they want to do with their money, this is fact.

But there is a under lying problem with incentivizing a company like blizzard however.

It incentives blizzard to give unfair advantages to people who have a lot of money to spend on things like a head start and or beta access where they can figure out the most optimal way to power level.

1 Like

The ability to look around for 3 days, or maybe level up an alt, is not ‘egregious’. It’s trivial.

1. They sold beta access to Mists of Pandaria years ago and it didn’t overturn the apple cart.
  2. Beta will be around for a while and everyone will have access by the end. We go through this every beta cycle.
2 Likes

Paying blizzard to have more time to get to max and get heroically geared before people have even started. To work on your professions, and yes to have other alts is egregious to me. You are paying for a leg up in the race, which inherently creates a mismatched playing field.

I seem to recall i signed up for legion access and didnt get in.

I remember signing up for bfa access and… i think i got in.

I signed up for shadowlands access and i didnt get in.

Its hit or miss, oh i got in in dragonflight.

You can get to max level in an afternoon when the expansion launches, three days to do it is completely beside the point.

You mean Heroic dungeons?

I mean… I guess. Don’t you just walk into Mythics after hitting max level? That’s what everyone I know does. And Mythic dungeons won’t be available during the early access window.

Oh I’m quite sure they’ll disable professions.

:dracthyr_shrug:

You’re not. And besides, what “race”? WHAT DO YOU DO IN WOW that has you in a “race” against other people? I raid Cutting Edge every season, I don’t care about the 3 day early access, and neither does any other CE raider I know. It’s irrelevant; all the important stuff is deactivated during early access.

Heck, the first TWO WEEKS of the expansion (before season 1 starts) is largely downtime; there’s very little to do. Three days with even LESS stuff to do? Come on.

2 Likes

Everyone should be in by the end, just keep checking the launcher.

People must have told you a billion times; stop exaggerating

2 Likes

OMG that’s brilliant, I’m tearing up, here. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Its true.

I was thinking earlier the advantages to having a head start. I cant think of it.

Ff14 is doing a week head start i believe, and there is nothing to do except dungeons, story… thats it.

1 Like

I bought the epic edition, yet it is a direction I do not want to see wow go. Giving advantages because of money spent. I don’t care if you do not think it is egregious or even anything at all. Because I find the idea of it terrible, I will speak out about it. I believe that the opening of an expansion should have a level playing ground for everyone that pays a sub to the game.

Do you not think that it will be harder for people to get into mythics.

When half the player base has better gear than you. And they can be picky because players are fully heroic geared.

In the end I’m against the principle of a sub paying game giving early access if you spend more money. And I’ve argued with people before, but I hold true to the belief that this is a bad system for the game.

1 Like

No worries, at the speed that they just blasted through Alpha, it’s pretty safe to say this expansion is going to be a hot mess lol.

Oh you pug.

Well, don’t pug. Problem solved.

Everyone who pugs will run into this at the beginning.

And yes, it will even out. Pretty quickly I’d imagine. But it hurts the games reception when this happens at the beginning. It is also just not a good direction to take the game.

I’m sure you will get to argue with a lot more people when it launches though.

Thats happening to me right now. Most players are 510 ilevel + and my dh is 495. I can barely get into 2, much less 4s or 5s. So im forced to make my own groups.

Then don’t pug. Pugging is a choice.

Has Blizzard said that beta and early access comes with pre-purchasing, or is that just a guess?

I fixed it and got rid of the grumbling parts.

Dunno about the beta access but yes, if you pre-purchase TWW you get a 3 day early access to the game.

Edit:

Yeah, Beta included if you purchased Epic Edition.

I don’t think it would work as a leveling path in the game. There wouldn’t be enough players to do any of the instanced content.