Experience with Blizzard Customer Support

Anyone had Blizzard CS actually able to resolve their problem? Let alone understand the issue?

Finding it hard to identify why there is such a break down in communication.

13 Likes

It really depends on the nature of the issue being brought forward. Often times, players think that GMs are all-powerful. The truth is, they are bound by a lot of policies set out by the development team.

If you’re willing to share a little about what you’re hoping a GM can help with, I can see what other insight I can provide.

Alternatively, you can also click the edit button (a little pencil when you mouse-over your initial post) and it will let you move the thread to the CS forums.

10 Likes

My last ticket was answered in like 15 hours, and fixed my issue. Usually, anytime I see someone say CS was bad, it usually was because of a misunderstanding somewhere, either by the user or the GM. It happens, yea?

4 Likes

I haven’t had good experiences with them lately; long times, automatic replies to check for answers online and through third-party sites like Wowhead, providing incorrect answers and solutions, and ultimately my issue being unresolved, the ticket being forcibly closed, and threats of game suspension if I resubmit the ticket.

These days, if I can’t figure out my issue online by myself then that issue will just persist until it fixes itself; if a solution wasn’t provided to the internet then Blizzard’s Customer Support certainly won’t know of one.

8 Likes

I mean I think in almost 20 years I’ve had to put in like three tickets in-game? They were all solved to my satisfaction so I don’t really have complaints.

The forum moderation and people who answer tickets for that are completely worthless, but that’s another conversation.

4 Likes

That usually means you are asking the GMs to do something they can’t do. They are not allowed to give game hints, they can’t fix individual accounts that experience bugs - with RARE exceptions, they can’t grant loot that is not backed by logs, they can’t grant achievements, they can’t reset raid IDs, etc.

When you ask for something they can’t do, the generic reply is to check Wowhead for how a quest works/item works/boss drop works, etc. If it is a bug you use Bug Reports in-game or the forums and have to wait on a Dev fix for most things.

If you got told that they were done with that particular issue and could not help - then you really pushed it to the point the GM had to tell you that “no” means “no” and that is final.

You can always come to the CS forum which serves as an Information Desk. Folks there can help someone navigate the Support system, knowledge base articles, explain services, policies, etc. It can prevent a lot of wasted frustration and time on the part of the player trying to get help, and the CS folks taking tickets. At least you would know up front if it was something you should not waste time on ticketing for.

12 Likes

I used to find it tolerable to write a ticket, and then an actual employee would talk to you.

“Hello, this is Game Master (insert name here), do you have a minute to chat?”
“I see you’re having an issue with (random problem), how I can be of service?”

Then you could actually have a convo with them for a minute or two, and it’s like you were talking to an ACTUAL person.

These days it’s “The Game Master Team” and the most generic responses you can think of. I don’t write tickets now if I don’t absolutely need to, and you still have to wait a day or two for “Here are some directions to WoWhead” then they share a link, “Hope that helped, now fill out this survey”.

8 Likes

They used to contact you in-game for a lot of things, but stopped sometime after WoD. The last real time contact was a phone callback or live chat option for Billing, some account issues, and some tech issues. Most of that ended around the pandemic time. They still have live chat for some issues, but they close it when ticket lines are long and have everyone on tickets.

Keep in mind, CS handles tickets for all Blizzard games and services, there is no WoW CS team. There has not been for a LONG time.

There is very little a GM needs to help with, or can help with, most of the time. The self help tools for char un-delete, unstuck, item restore, mail restore, guild dethrone, etc. - have given the players the GM tools for the most part.

A lot of players seem to think GMs can do anything the player wants, or answer any question they have, which is just not true. Giving game hints in particular is not something they let them do.

10 Likes

I miss the days when they used to just randomly pop into general chat to have a short convo. It wasn’t about hints or anything like that, they engaged with the community. That and when they would pop up in a raid or dungeon and mess with players. There was that human interaction and it showed us they legit cared about their base and the game itself.

Now it’s just programs that are automated, no genuine interactions anymore.

6 Likes

/presses 1 “This complaint is against the terms and services all subscribers agree to…” lol

2 Likes

That was very very long ago… Yeah it is a lot more fun and engaging. They used to require the GMs to enter the game to do a lot of things - because that is how the tools back then worked. The bigger the game got, the work there was, and the better the tools got. They have not let them jump in game like that in almost 15 years I think? Maybe more?

They DO still have live interactions and play sessions but most of that is on Betas, esp the play with the Blues sessions. They also have some very specific content testing where a time is set to be there and the Devs are usually around.

2 Likes

Your unprofessional response to my criticism based on your dislike for me is more sign of being “childish” than I’ve ever conveyed.

11 Likes

There is a double standard though. Let’s say a certain mythic raiding guild killed Fyrakk and got no loot, what happens?

vs.

Lower difficulties get pointed to this article: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/349306

Which as one of the folks mentioned, is a rather frustrating response.

3 Likes

Yep, I recently submitted 1 explaining the Hearthstone from larodar bugged out and was never rewarded. I rolled a 99 and only 2 other people in my guild rolled as the rest had it. they both rolled under 20.
the timer for rolling expired and it just never ended the roll.

1st response was a website about loot and what happens if it doesnt get in you bags right away, replied saying it didnt.

2nd response “we have looked into it and you have infact not won and someone else rolled higher!” which was untrue and i screen shot the loot window 5 bosses later saying it was still pending.

3rd response was basically the same as the 1st but an actual gm wrote it out instead of copy and paste.

I gave up there as they clearly have no skills in reading or comprehending whats actually written in the ticket

5 Likes

Ouch Drogon, that is frustrating. I would wager based on the lag you were talking about, that something happened assigning the loot within the system. If the backend logs don’t show the loot being assigned to you, the GM can’t award it to you. They don’t let them. Too many people will sadly create false screenshots, try to game the system, etc.

When something goes wrong like that and the logs don’t exist, the only option is to do the fight or event again to get a chance at the loot.

I don’t know… I admit I don’t follow the race for world first stuff. I know the Devs are closely watching and monitoring those which is not what they do with most gameplay. Most depends on normal server logging.

There have been rare times Devs do step in, even for “normal” players but it takes some unusual circumstances for an exception to be granted. Logs showing the loot drop have to exist for them to do anything with it.

2 Likes

Understandable, and I’m not suggesting that, but I do think it’s pretty unfair that the 99% get told to basically ‘screw off’ when we experience an issue.

A bug is a bug, does Blizzard really have a policy that dictates which segment of players they’ll step in to help?

When I was grinding mechagon for the cycle, I had two separate bugs making the achievement incompletable without GM interference. It took over a week for each response, but they were both fixed without any trouble.

1 Like

Those days were fun. You never knew when one of them would just show up when you were out goofing off, doing basically nothing much and then strike up a convo or something.

Once, on my mage Mouseface, I used to put her to bed in the inn in Thunder Bluff but I was kind of ocd about it and would take extra time to line her up right before /sleep and logging off.

The next day I logged onto her, I saw a goblin sleeping next to her. It was so funny.
Same goblin that used to appear by the TB lake and set up that picnic basket/umbrella toy next to where I and a few others would stand and then proceed to strike up a conversation.

Those days were fun. I miss them.

4 Likes

Any times I have had to contact support. They contacted me within 24 hours.
The first time was within ten minutes. I think the big problem is players expect
GMs to be able to do just about anything. Thus they seek their help with things
they cant, or not allowed to do.

A good example is my very first MMORPG, EQOA.
I was out doing a quest where I had to collect a vial from mummies.
Then, once it dropped. I take it back to the NPC, and NPC does not even
react to it. It was as if I didnt even have it.

I sent in a request for help just asking if the quest is working. Or if it is bugged?
The response I recieved said “Sorry, cant help with quests”.

I specifically asked for a way to contact the player to take legal action against them.

The whole reason why was because we were talking smack as one does after a bricked key and then he escalated things started making vieled threats

Hence my follow up was who or how would i contact somebody via a lawyer.

There response was along the lines of “we take all this very seriously if it happens again just put them on ignore”

Okay thats literally noy what i asked but sure “case resolved” button it is

2 Likes