Experience Eliminated & potential griefing/abuse

This change needs to to be reverted or highly altered . I foresee this being abused and people griefing groups constantly if it’s implemented as is with the info provided.

14 Likes

I don’t understand. What will be exploited?

I’m lost. What are we even talking about?

In the next patch, any character with xp off makes the whole group basically xpoff. It can be used to troll. all you would have to do is turn xp off and que for a dungeon or island.
“all members of their group will receive 95% reduced experience”

9 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one… What is this referring to?

sounds like someone is blowing something way out of proportion and is highly confused about or misinterpreted some upcoming feature.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292345.2/island-freehold-twink-leveling-nerf-turning-xp-off-is-now-group-wide-in-patch-8-#comments Here is the wowhead article. Allows easy trolling/griefing

8 Likes

Would have helped if the OP had linked the information rather than assuming everyone is up to date on this stuff. :upside_down_face:

It is only on the PTR so who knows how it will eventually be included but the fact that it does appear open to griefing could be considered an issue.

10 Likes

This can’t be real…

They wouldn’t seriously punish people for grouping up, would they?

13 Likes

Once again blizzard adds a system that isnt needed and will ultimately hurt more than it helps becuase a few people arent playing how they want them to play.

This is only a problem because of the F’d up scaling system.

23 Likes

Apparently it’s the way they want you to play or no way at all

4 Likes

They aren’t necessarily punishing people for grouping up.

Its specifically to counter level locked twinks powerleveling people for gold. I am not saying I agree with it, but I understand their goal.

3 Likes

But we still get screwed for being randomly put into a group with these people.

6 Likes

Facepalms

Let me clarify to you how this works because it’s painfully obvious that the OP and others are so naive to what’s clearly stated…

It’s limited to party members, not instance members!

The debuff clearly states "PARTY MEMBERS"

aka, the 110 twinks party up with those they are carrying… so those party members will get the debuff… Not random people in the same instance that weren’t in their party.

In otherwords, if a twink queues a random dungeon or island expedition, those in the instance with them won’t get the debuff because they weren’t in a party with the twink.

So this is another clear case of people misinterpreting and not understanding a change and blowing it out of proportion.

9 Likes

I que islands just for mounts & xmog. I’m going to get kicked a whole lot after this goes through.

2 Likes

That is definitely an issue that needs to be looked it. I agree.

If it goes through, there needs to be a warning stating “blah blah has XP turned off, you will get getting 95% less xp” that you must acknowledge.

4 Likes

This is the post. I posted to get Developer attention and review, I’m sorry I didn’t include the link in my OP.

3 Likes

If this is true then it is indeed less of a problem. I think the confusion comes from Wowhead’s description which says “all members of their group” rather than party. I guess I had visions of someone joining a ‘group’ and causing issues.

If it is indeed purely limited to a preformed party, then it won’t be a problem for anyone else.

2 Likes

Could you point out where it says only party memebers get the buff and not instance members? Not seeing it.

2 Likes

Look at the image of the “Experience Eliminated” icon on the Wowhead article.

1 Like