Expect an incredibly rushed WOTLK launch timeline

Its obvious the promises prior to beta are absolutely not coming true. As the beta has rolled out to become an absolute disaster, expect a significantly shortened timeline for prepatch / XP buff.

The expectation was a 4 week prepatch, with 6ish weeks of the joyous XP event.

Expect a 2 week prepatch (MAYBE 3), and the XP buff of probably the same amount, only live during prepatch.

Its evident that blizzard is absolutely not ready for WOTLK, and they have zero resources to work on it. Everyone is working on Dragonflight. Some poor dev will get the WoW classic tickets on his desk on a Friday afternoon and lazily patch them all together.

The fact they haven’t released dates or the XP buff yet, and that fall is quickly approaching, gives you all the clues that prepatch and the XP buff will be significantly rushed.

14 Likes

I hate Blizzard as much as the next guy but let’s stay factual. Blizzard has been hiring en masse for Classic development; there were and still are MANY postings for this team on their website, so they obviously have more than 2 guys in a broom closet working on this.

I believe developping SoM was more of the focus but that turned out to be a disaster as well. My guess is that it’s taking time to shift development back to WOTLK.

Honestly though, the core of the issue is the lack of communication with the playerbase and not necessarily that they are having a hard time with development. If Blizzard were more transparent, all this would be easily forgiveable.

I agree, communication is awful. The reason its bad is because they have literally zero resources.

They dont want to get into an issue where they give a date, but only a single intern is doing anything on the game.

We are absolutely seeing the dragonflight impact. 100%

You are not even close. 2 week pre-patch lol. You have no clue.

Agreed. Things for sure will be rushed with poor communication and bugs overlooked. We’ve seen it before.

2 Likes

Ha, until WOTLK is being pushed up against the dragonflight release and there is no time left but to rush prepatch…

Doesn’t matter if you don’t play it.

Zugfox: Hiding your profile doesn’t stop anyone from blocking you.
:axe:

Yeah i fear you are spot on here OP. The launch deadline is likely in stone on their side. Incoming 2 week pre-patch again.

Probably 2 week rushed pre patch, with fresh servers and xp buff slapped into it.

2 Likes

You do realize the TBC pre-patch was a rushed two weeks right?

1 Like

Yeah but they said they wouldnt do that again!

Because we can always trust their words… right guys?!

6 Likes

I think they said they’d like to not do that again, nothing concrete.

If that is the case they are 100% doing it again.

3 Likes

Two weeks with a 50% XP buff is basically three weeks.

1 Like

From the results that’s not very obvious at all actually…

If stories are well written, it takes little time for a good developer to switch projects, especially if internal communication is where it should be.

You know Burning Crusade Classic was only released 13 months ago, right?

Why does this matter? They’ve already announced WotLK and they’ve also given a rough timeline.

I generally disagree with every thing that comes out of your mouth, but for once you’re spot on. We continue to be the forgotten kids.

Ha. It’s just a major bummer.

They are for some reason going to wait until the server migration which impacts like… 100 people. Forreal? Can’t turn on a buff because of 100 people? Wtf

1 Like