[Expansion] [Class] Void Elf Paladins & Druids / Blood Elf Druids

All,

I was very shocked to see Ion state in an interview that the only class expansions being done are for Dracthyr. Which I think is wonderful as quite a few in my community adore the model for a half-elf over a human or full Quel’dorei model.

@ Ion - Thank you for this. There are a lot of people who adore the visage and would simply like to play a mage in visage form. Your example of this made some friends’ days for their half-elf characters, or for enjoying the beautiful customization of the model in this confirmed class expansion.

Aeonara Dawnshade, Wielder of the Eclipse

In the most recent patch, we saw a very exciting Aeonara Dawnshade, Wielder of the Eclipse.

Her ability is Consecration. She is a paladin and a void elf. I am hoping the team is wanting to surprise us with this addition in TWW - my community gasped at the hope of being able to customize their non-voidy Alliance High Elves as proper paladins!

Dawnshade using Consecrate on enemies!

Meet Aeonara Dawnshade, our hope for paladins of the Eclipse! :last_quarter_moon:

I think at this point, it may not be ‘if’ but ‘when’ however, I still wish to point out how excited the community was overall at the possibility of having Alliance high elf-model paladins! Please allow Aeonara to spread her knowledge of the Eclipse to the rest of the Alliance elves, including the player characters. :star2: :sparkles: :dizzy:

High Botanist Freywinn

Freywinn has been a hope for quite a while in demonstrating that one can have the elven model and transform into a naturalistic element, like a plant!

Meet High Botanist Freywinn, a druidic hope for the high elves!

He uses Tree Form, Tranquility and summons Seedlings.

The dungeon in general shows high elves interested in studying plants, it is quite interesting:

Much like the Eclipse Wielder paladin or the Tauren paladins with their methodology of conjuring the Sun guiding their way from a lore POV (which boggled the minds of people back in Cataclysm but was so well-received), it is clear that high elves have the capability of mastering druidism, dating as far back as TBC. They also have a distinct closeness to their local animal denizens, whether a beloved lynx or dragonhawk.

And also like the void elf paladin dream, the high elven (Alliance/Horde) druid dream is also popular. Eversong Woods has its own Scorched Grove and keepers, and needs mending with designated elves. At this point given it is many years later, either could learn druidism from their Kaldorei ancestors, or from the Tauren/Trolls, or from herbalism and experiments like High Botanist Freywinn’s initiative.

There was an initiative for research dating to TBC amongst the blood elves conducting experiments on the plants in the Botanica - I would assume this is not an exclusive curiosity.

Please allow Freywinn’s studies to not be forgotten, and to expand to other elves, whether blood elves or those void elves who abandoned the Sin’dorei to follow Professor Umbric to the Alliance. :pray: :seedling: :evergreen_tree:

With the amount of time in Warcraft that the races have spent time with one another among exposure to NPC races, plus the justification via characters above, I believe that these classes make sense.

Summation: Elven paladin and druids are both community wishes that I hope can become reality. Character customization is ALWAYS net positive - even if it is not something you would resonate with, it will sing for someone else.

Thank you for reading me out and shorel’aran!

11 Likes