Expanding Delves: Feedback for Solo and Small Group Play

Ok everyone, I wanted to share some positive feedback on how we can improve and help Delves grow. Some ideas are my own, while others come from a lively discussion in another thread titled I’ve Realized that What Makes MMOs FUN is NOT Playing with Other People. Your support would be greatly appreciated—please consider dropping a like and adding your own feedback as well. It’s important that we keep our discussions respectful and focused. Let’s avoid suggesting that Delves be added to Dungeons, Raids, or M+, as that content is valuable to those who enjoy it. Our goal is to build something specifically enjoyable for solo players.

I’m an avid supporter of new guild content, but I also see a lot of potential for enhancing solo content. Dungeons and Raids are designed for guilds, whether they’re [Casual], [Midcore], or [Hardcore/Elite] players. That content has its own achievements, rewards, and titles, and I believe Delves should have their own unique achievements, mounts, and titles as well.

I wanted to share some ideas on how Delves can be improved and expanded:

1. Alt Access: A popular request from many players is the ability to take our alts into Delves. Adding this option as another way to experience Delves would be fantastic.
  2. Expansion into Old World Areas: Expanding Delves into all old world areas, including Kalimdor, Northrend, Pandaria, The Broken Isles, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, The Dragon Isles, Argus, Draenor, Outland, and the Shadowlands, would breathe new life into these regions and offer more variety for players who enjoy Delves.
  3. Different Group Sizes: Delves could be expanded to include three types—3-man, 5-man, and 10-man. The idea is to create unique versions of 5-man and 10-man content that can be experienced solo or with a small party. Delves could have floors that go deeper, allowing the same Delve to have 3-man, 5-man, or 10-man options. Not all Delves would need this feature, but it would add a new challenge for solo or small-group content. It also provides a good reason to bring your alts to fill out the party.
  4. Mythic Difficulty: Adding a Mythic difficulty for Delves could help players learn hard mechanics in a practice mode without the pressure of being criticized while they learn.
  5. Archaeology Tie-In: I can’t take credit for this idea, but I heard it from a famous streamer named Accolonn. He suggested tying Archaeology to Delves, with cool activities and discoveries inside. I loved this idea and think it would add even more depth to Delves.
7 Likes

All good ideas. I think Blizz will eventually get around to these and possibly more I can’t even imagine now.

I hadn’t done a dungeon or any group content in several years now and forgot most of what I’d learned.
Tonight I did my 1st follower dungeon.

I died 4 times. It was easy mode, too. I died once on the last boss and I died 3 times jumping down to the last boss.

I was so grateful it was just me and the AI team in there because I would have been embarrassed and probably frustrated the others if they’d been human.

My 1st delve was tonight as well. I think I like those better because they’re shorter.

The AI is pretty sensitive and I thought it was great so I can see it being implemented for things that you’ve outlined and then some, as the tech progresses.

It’s pretty amazing what it can do. Good thread. Be well.

2 Likes

I really do hope they’re planning one day to allow our alts to be our party. How much fun would alting be? :grinning:

Also a mythic difficulty level would be fantastic with mythic gear tracking.

3 Likes