Existing characters should be able to convert to pandaland

As far as we know, THIS IS the leveling event. Delete a 60, get it to 70 in Remix, then delete the next and repeat.

1 Like

Can’t. From my understanding it forces you to start new characters at level 10 for the Panda thing, so I can’t level them in Pandaland.

How about no? I don’t want to delete my already existing characters. I just want to finish leveling them.

And once the event ends the characters you leveled will be moved to the regular game.

2 Likes

I have a question about names. I’m not sure if it’s been answered already. If you reserved a name on Timerunning mode, will it also reserved the name on Retail, or no chances?

There is no separate server pool. You create them on any existing server you want. They don’t move when the event ends, they just turn into normal characters on that server.

Ok then explain exactly how it works and post evidence to that. And then post evidence that the official posts are no longer true somehow.

Continuing the discussion from Pandamonium clarification:

2 Likes

That’s exactly how it works. You pick a server to create your character on, and after the event is over the character reverts back to a normal retail character on that server.

On the PTR you can even see event and non-event characters listed together on the character select screen.

3 Likes

OK my mistake. I misunderstood how it works. I thought it was going to work like Plunderstorm then at the end of the event you choose which server the character goes to.

Nah. When you make a new character on any server, it gives you the option of making it a traditional character or a Pandamonium character. That’s how you opt into the event

1 Like

Thanks for the info. That makes much more sense than the way I thought it was going to work. :person_facepalming: :rofl:

1 Like

Timerunning? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What’s next, Timesprinting? TimeJumping? Time marathon? Time Olympics?

1 Like

That’s why I got confused in the first place. Timerunners and retail characters can be on the same realm, and yet they’re in different mode. I wasn’t sure if names taken works on both.

You can’t, only new characters can access timerunning, which is why she’s asking to let other characters into Timerunning for faster leveling.

Maybe make it a perk of leveling your first toon from 10 to 70 in Timerunning - you can access timerunning on other characters you’ve already made or something, but lock them out of retail until the event ends as a compromise.

Really? Then it is substantially slower than retail leveling. Interesting. But i suppose that’s about the speed leveling was at back in MoP. So maybe that’s what they are going for.

You know all this time spent lately with making this Storm Plunder…Time jumping MoP…Classic Cata can’t understand that one at all …all this time spent doing this could of been used for WoW itself…like maybe real player housing…more new Story lines for WoW…not repeat of old stuff…sigh.

Sure Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC and LK …I can understand now but you lost me on Classic Cata now and all this other repeat stuff …

Timerowing. Get the crew!

1 Like

Time running is Retail content. It’s finally modernizing the Chromie time into something fun, coherent, and rewarding.

Bringing the concept of level up raid to Retail is incredibly smart. They are a big feature of SoD and they just work at exposing players to raid content who otherwise missed out.

WOW subs are the highest they’ve been in more than a decade. And it isn’t even an expansion launch.

Been playing Pandaland on the PTR and goodness. They have put a lot of time into making this decent. Good effort.

After giving it a go basically I don’t see transferring working because you’d basically be able to smash all the objectives using overscaled gear. You’re sort of forced into a pseudo ‘live off what you get’ experience and surprisingly it works. You will be able to disenchant your old gear into Bronze as you get upgrades.

Edit: I say this and I’ve just been able to send myself heirlooms from my PTR main :stuck_out_tongue:
Definetly unintended at this stage because you can’t make them on a TR character

Yeah same. I’m not full up on characters yet. But I do have many that I just want to finish leveling. And DF is not the most fun leveling experience. It’s far from the worst. SL is still the worst. But it is still a struggle. Even if they just impose some penalty that makes them unable to earn all the rewards. That’s fine with me.

Honestly it wouldn’t be an issue if they would just let Chromie time go up to max level!