Exclude the twinks from normal que if this change goes through

I thought that sort of level boost would only come out once the level cap went up during the next expansion.

What information do you have that it doesn’t follow that precedent?

On the one hand I tend to feel that it does give players an advantage over others because many of the “others” don’t have the kind of gold needed to do that. Its a bit like some dude getting to the front of the line at a nightclub because he can tip the bouncer with a couple of big notes.

However, I feel if they are going to do that, they should do it to every activity that lets people pay to do things they don’t want to, or can’t, do themselves. Mythic+, raid carries, they don’t seem concerned about those, which give people access to gear and mounts and achievements that would take a fair bit more effort to get. I’d like to see a level playing field achieved here.

1 Like

I don’t approve this change. Stop being greedy.

it sure is

don’t twink

As I said, “a shred of common sense”, so…

The smart people figured that they would not create a system that could be easily griefed, i.e. the doom-and-gloom scenarios of an XP-off person joining RDFs are screwing 4 other people.

Yes, I do. IMO that was a harmless curiosity that as I recall, even the devs were entertained by. That char had no bearing on and could not interact wit the outside world.

Hello. Can people explain what the issue is I"m not sure I understand what people are talking about? What happens when an “xp-off” person in a group joins a dungeon finder group that DOES NOT happen when a solo person with xp-off joins a dungeon finder group? Thanks for any info.

The only way you’d be affected by the XP-Off’s debuff is if you grouped with them and you both entered an IE or a dungeon.

The same Dev Team responsible for G’huun LFR? You have a blind faith they won’t create a system that could be easily griefed.
Astounding confidence.

In case you need a reminder, before 8.1 you could queue up for Islands with a friend > run the island > kick the 3rd member seconds before completion with just your two votes > both you and your friend get better loot.

Yeah, when you see a party wide buff with the text

You automatically assume a caveat, of this never before seen buff, was that it only applied in pre-made groups.

hmmm, thought. If this doesn’t apply through groups formed by the LFD can’t the booster just attempt to queue into the same LFD as their buyer, kick the unwanted members through majority, and run the boosted run as they have now without penalty?

You are paying $675 a month to play wow?

Really?

You could drive a pretty nice car with that…

No, but, what could be done instead is change it so that only players in the twinks part receive reduced exp, not the instance group. This way it removes the absurdity of the twinking nonsense while also keeping the trolling down.

That’s not how it ever worked.

Then quest with her

Just help them with your max level character. Easy. You’re just being bitter because you can’t boost them in couple hours anymore.

You can still boost them by carrying them through quests or dungeons.

fun = charging other players for stuff?

I like how twinks can force players to hand over their gold.

1 Like

This is still ridiculous. Leveling is boring. It’s degrades each time its done. Why make changes nobody wants instead of maybe making leveling fun and enjoyable? The quests are fine but the difficulty changes with scaling (extremely easy 110-115 and easy 116-120) and azerite gear just make it bland.

YEA CANT HAVE THAT. God forbid players do things that are enjoyable to try to convince themselves to continue playing your absolutely dumpster fire of a game. It’s actually incredible seeing evidence of how effing stupid the dev team is when we get to see some of the things they spend actual time and resources on fixing when the game overall is such a massive file of steaming dog crap.

It’s unfortunate that Activision didn’t fire the majority of the people who make decisions for this game when they fired 800 people last year, would’ve been must more justifiable.

3 Likes

I am also not a fan of this nerf. Was kind of fun. Friend put in the work to create a overpowered DH, and helped my character level. It’s not like level 120 character boosts aren’t going to happen next tier anyway, so why can’t you just let people have their cake?

I have 2 twinks i help my friends with or run Timewalking with (because it is fun)… now I can not help my friends with them…

First you took away the queue with everyone making wait times abysmal, and now you take away ability to level friends or make some gold on the side…

cool

1 Like

i still get nightmares