Excited for WoW’s future?

Torghast was a great endgame activity for soloing, it just got boring after a while because you were forced to do it for legendaries, nothing else dropped, and it got stale after a while because the mods never really changed that much. Most people loved it when it released, and for a while after they revamped it. If they had kept adding new stuff to it throughout the expansion (not just the timer thing) it could have improved shadowlands a lot.

2 Likes

For achievements and goodies, Torgast has been my DF endgame. Now that I can go back and successfully complete it, I’m really enjoying it.

I’m not a very skillful player so most of Torgast was out of my reach when it was current. Sort of like when I completed all my class halls at the end of BFA. I spend most of the current expansion soloing the open world to gear myself and go back to finish the previous expansions. It’s a lot of fun going back over those challenges and feeling more like a hero and champion by not dying 10 yards from the doorway.

4 Likes

We will have to see how things actually get implemented…Usually, things get implemented in a bad way in this game.

Winner !!!

I’m excited to see what’s going on with Gilneas and how I can incorporate it into my fan fiction stories.

2 Likes

They probably mean more edgelord related story telling involving serious life or death choices vs gardening with Maurice which is the tone of the current expansion.

1 Like

Midnight. Midnight. Midnight.

And NPC dungeons.

1 Like

People say blizzard constantly fails at everything and yet not listing anything nor explaining of what.

1 Like

Wellllll if people could learn how to play better and maybe even nicer together that’d be huge but… I guess the turalyon story unfolding is what I’m excited for.

Cautiously optimistic. But not holding my breath.

I’m waiting until they reveal everything that is actually happening. How things are hyped and how they end up are sometimes different. I haven’t pre-ordered the next expac for that reason. That and it’ll be almost a year before it’s released.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered War Within because it happened to be bundled with Dragonflight for only $20 more so I guess I’m neutral about it. If another Shadowlands/WoD happens then I’ll happily take another 2-3 year break from the game :dracthyr_shrug:

I’ll always prefer that things go well so I make the decision to be optimistic. Pessimism just makes you bitter over time. Despite this WoW’s flaws, it’s still my preferred MMO and I’ve played pretty much all of them. I’m an FC leader/Savage static leader in XIV but I always let my sub lapse for months on that game because WoW scratches that itch.

1 Like

I think cross-realm guilds are going to be a catastrophe, so no.

… why?

If anyone needs to ask, they’d never understand.

These people just want attention. Otherwise they wouldn’t keep handing Blizzard money.

1 Like

Humour me.

Too many people in the game treat guilds like a doormat. Guilds do what they can to filter them out, but at least the act of moving to be where the guild is was a good indicator of actual interest in being there.

The only thing cross-realm guilds does is empower serial guild-hoppers and abusers. That’s the last thing the game needs.

This honestly just sounds like the old, and now demonstrably proven wrong, argument to retain dedicated PvP realms. You can already join any guilds on the connected realms and this expands on that.

If a guild cannot retain players, then surely that is a problem with the guild rather than the people. There’s not enough guild-hoppers to create a substantial issue that folks aren’t already aware of.

Sorry but I don’t buy this argument. For the exact same reason why we know that the removal of PvP realms and introduction of Warmode was incredibly good for the game’s overall health.

1 Like