Evoker Tank - Fortification

No it wasn’t

2 Likes

I can easily imagine Rogues being like the Diablo 3 Demon Hunters, dual wielding crossbows. But the Warriors is a bit harder to imagine without it becoming like Marksmanship Hunter. Probably something to do with more rapid fire auto attacks but have armor bypass abilities. Which, again, still hard to imagine how to make it not so similar.

Its just pointless to make a class that is able to use ranged weapons and yet…no way to actually use them because, you know, no associated abilities.

Ya’ll need to play gw2.

It’s really no issue at all if Blizzard tried even a little.

It would be very easy for Blizzard to create a Black and Red dragonflight themed tank spec for Evoker without infringing on the other tank specs. It just takes a little imagination, and that goes for other possible tank specs too like for Mage and Warlock.

2 Likes

Ion already said no because last 3 added classes all could tank and it was time for a change. And he said “maybe” to that in the future but lets be honest, he said that to not give DF negative reception. If he had said no, people would be less willing to buy DF.

2 Likes

Would prefer another ranged dps spec

Shamans were supposed to be off tanks but they failed miserably, so they removed threat aggro from their vanilla skills and made them enhancement. They do not work as tanks anymore and never will because then they would take away druid’s “jack of all trades, master of none” privilidge.

1 Like

Fine by me. Every class should eventually be able to have access to all 3 party roles.

2 Likes

All 3? No, all 4 in this case. Shamans can already magic dps - heal-and melee DPS. Add tank and they are druids with no down sides.

All 3 as in Tank, Healer, and DPS.
And you don’t need to add downsides to having each available if you allow all classes that ability.

I think Ion did justice by stopping the “every new class gets a tank and melee spec!” craze. I’m glad to see a change for once and if people want to tank, you have other classes.

No thanks, none of those tanks appeal to me but an Evoker tank spec would :heart:

1 Like

Don’t hold out much hope for that because of what Ion said, it was just a save-face moment to get people to buy DF. He’s never gonna add tank spec to evokers, will even forget what he said and move on. If confronted, he will probably say “We thought about it but we don’t want every new class having a tank spec” after people buy DF already and can’t refund.

(looks at Everquest Clanks, DCUO earth powerset, SWTOR bounty hunter, and ESO frost wardens, plus many many others right down to stoneskin spamming magic users in second edition D&D)

Huh?

1 Like

(looks at Guardian)

Huh?

Disingenuous argument. Guardian functionally existed within Feral. Feral was split into two with a clear focus. No class has had a new spec added outright. Split? Sure. Reworked? Many a time. But added? Not once.

Just because something hasn’t happened in the past doesn’t mean it shouldn’t or couldn’t happen in the future.

3 Likes

Never said it couldn’t. Merely that is it disingenuous to imply that it already has.

I am personally surprised there is not a tank spec for this race, considering it being Dragonkin. It would have been a good opportunity to create a unique tanking-caster spec.

4 Likes

A ranged style tank spec would be really unique.
I don’t personally think it’d be good for the Evoker, I believe they’d be better as a standard melee style tank.
However, I have always loved the concept in my mind of a ranged tank spec for Warlocks. Some say it’s not possible or doesn’t make sense, but it’s really just a matter of using your imagination to make it work.