Evoker Is...Underwhelming

Hover has been cancelled by CC for the entirety of beta. There are 1000 complaint posts about it on the Evoker Feedback thread.

It does appear it was fixed last night though.

1 Like

Yeah they are super super bad.

I got hit for 47k last night by one that had 81k hp. These things are starting to get on my nerves.

I feel like there hasnt been enough time for people to learn them. Also, of course they get trained, any BG i do is like 75% evoker. Hard not to train them at that point lol.

They also all seemingly horribly undergeared, 23-40khp. Any class seems to suck being that undergeared

I know this is 2 days ago, but those that have figured out how to play on live / beta… Preservation feels / looks pretty effective in Arenas. If we’re talking about getting blown up in BGs, well…

Synopsis

• They’re really mana-efficient in 2s/3s, feels like you can’t run out of mana :zzz:
  • Reversion / golden hour nerf maybe?
  • The immune to cc (3) via shroud, on a 1.5 min CD, strong
  • Having a 12 second wall w/ talent-augmentable aura mastery (with 2 charges) :balance_scale:
  • Hover kite

Edit: Evoker cc isn’t crazy, looks like they need to be frequently swapped to or trained. Feel like they need a bit more survivability, and ALL healing spells need upped % mana costs.

The class just makes no sense. What is the reason for a 25 yard range? They do nothing damage wise that a mage or lock or spriest can’t do. They are squishier than any of those classes and their dps healing is hardly that incredible to justify the range limitations.

The entire thing just feels janky and badly thought out. They need either insane damage or range or tankiness…SOMETHING. the multi glads in here talking about how its still good because xyz are ignoring 99% of the population who will end up hating the class because in nearly every scenario outside ultra cooperative play, it sucks. It just sucks.

I saw a 1v1 spriest and evoker in an arena both around 90k hp and the spriest completely dominated to the point it was depressing to see. The dragon couldnt do anythng but spam living flame on himself and die. 0 pressure. 0 ability to maneuver bc of the range. Just stupid design.

?

Frost shock rooting dragons all day to cancel hover

1 Like

Wait till people realize x2 deep breath with stun talent can kill people easily at low mmr

what spell belonging to any of those classes hits for 100k right now

All this does is prove how right the community has been when repeatedly asking for the WoD gearing system back.

It’s not the class, it’s the gear and general inexperience.

Yea allowing a spell hit 100k+ in prepatch really shows how much blizzard cares

Mage can hit 100k+ glacial spikes

Yeah that is prepatch garbage with mastery stacking and its once every 2 minutes. If and likely when that is fixed what does the class have mechanically going for it? I mean it seriously has nothing. Its bizarre janky play around long cds. I really feel nearly every person will quit them by 70 without an overhaul

still not ok with a class just cheesing over 100% kill with no counter

Glacial spike, but it’s not as easy to land as instant cast fire breath, ofc.

More than likely going to catch a mastery nerf in pvp eventually.

Is evoker pretty much just setting up Shattering star > fire breath > disintegrate windows? Outside of 2min cd instant burst or adding deep breath in every 1min.

Pretty sure all the healing spells are 30yd range but I get the point.

OP youre going to give me a stroke.

Granted thats with literally all the buffs in the game and fully geared but true I know its a crazy amount rn but funny to see DH post - and i know you just helping ppl see its a good class which I respect, haha that was fun to watch ty