Evoker Is...Underwhelming

So far in PvP Evoker seems to be garbage. Not sure if people don’t know how to play them yet or if they’re just this weak but they get focused like crazy and just fall over. We’re not talking a few seconds burst to die but literally one shots to just keel them over. Someone in a BG said they asked Blizzard multiple times to buff them in PvP but they ignored them.

Is anyone else noticing they’re currently the squishiest class in the game in PvP?

10 Likes

They came out yesterday. People are still learning and gearing them. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

21 Likes

Oh honey, oh sweetie…

28 Likes

DPS or heal evoker?

Heal evokers are looking pretty S tier for healers. They’re extremely hard to catch and pretty thicc with some slightly overpowered mechanics.

I haven’t seen many dps evokers to know if they’re good or not, but there’s a thread on the front page about them 1shotting people so they’re doing something.

1 Like

Is this satire bc evoker is strong af

17 Likes

Gear is king not skill not talents…gear… and no one has it yet

2 Likes

The skill gap seems really high atm which is amplified by them being new, if you watch that shenron dude that played it for like the entire beta it looks a lot better than the randos in bg’s and solo shuffle.

I cant speak for dps evoker cuz i havent played it but healing evoker has
2 charges of a 30% wall

psuedo 50% wall in time dialation

can dip across map while cc immune with deep breath and dream flight

psuedo alter time in renewing blaze

can heal themselves(and maybe others) 20% of your hp per second while stunned or sileneced or feared. So even if you get caught in stun without trinket you still have another line of defense

Can kite real easily because with honor talent when you use one of ur 2 charges of hover you zip around the map really fast while immuning all slows

Can immune any cc or damage ability on yourself with time stop

If you get kicked on one school you have 3 other schools you can cast from

caughterizing flame can remove every bleed poison curse and disease while also healing you every minute

can peel for yourself with knockback, knock up and root

i think its just 99% of evoker players have no clue what to do since class is brand new and also have 0 gear

7 Likes

Please don’t force me to take on another toon.

disclaimer its a 3 min cd

2 Likes

No offense, it’s been 2 days. Don’t you think you might not have a clue what you’re talking about yet?

2 Likes

Evoker is a incredible amount of fun i believe you would enjoy it if you main shaman.

Heal evoker is great. DPS evoker feels pretty terrible outside your 2-minute-cd dragonrage / tip the scales window. Probably the worst sustained dps spec in the game. The offhealing is insane, though. Can literally cast 100 big heals in a row and not go oom.

2 Likes

Evoker is fine. Sounds like a l2p issue.

2 Likes

The big problem is actually just gear for the most part. Everyone is running around with 50-60k HP if not less. Geared players can insta kill that regardless of the class they are targeting for the most part. Most people likely have little vers, and no Freedom trinket…

Once people have gear and get used to the spec they will perform much better. I’m sure there are plenty of people like me who struggle with positioning too, first ranged character I’ve played in years.

Their DPS is pretty easy to get out, but I think there will be a higher skill cap with using their utility properly. Not saying the spec is perfect, but it should be around A tier for S1 assuming we get no changes.

healer evoker is the strongest healer on beta atm (max level, full gear) by a fair margin

dps evoker has some cheesy 1 shots that will likely get nerfed, but i’ve also seen some good ones pump big sustained numbers on beta

Yummy <3 <3

This is the type of player that deserves blizzard’s “you are a number treatment” lol…

Might want to give it a bit of time and such bro :slight_smile:

If you’re saying evokers are trash in pvp, well… I guess you are trash in this game.

Yeah Evoker is shaman on roids