Evoker Flying

Hello All. I couldn’t find a proper place to put this but I would like to put up a suggestion to the Dev Team since we are in Alpha to possibly make Dracthyr be able to fly without a mount similar to Druid Flight Form. I think it’d be cool to have this. If this is a popular idea could the Community Council possibly propose it to Blizzard?

10 Likes

They won’t. That’s why there’s a stupid visage form. They’re too lazy.

2 Likes

They do the new dragonriding. They can do it outside of the dragon isles too unlike the dragonriding mounts which are locked to dragon isles zones only.

So they basically do fly just the new version which is better as its much faster. If you do it well you can make it to places in half the time it takes with max flying now

2 Likes

I’m aware of that feature but I am referring to outside of Dragon Isles. Hopefully someone can suggest it through the Community or a Blue sees it and it can possibly be added. I think it is a neat feature that would be sad to bypass. It’s a golden opportunity, at least in my eyes.

3 Likes

They can dragonride outside of the dragon isles. They wont add 2 seprate ways to fly for this class. Its dragonriding

1 Like

Part of the dragon fantasy- is flying as a dragon. Yes we have soar, but I’d love to fly as a dragon. (Tbh I’d love to just have Soar not have a 5 min cd and be normal dragon riding but that won’t happen.)

I’d love to fly fly as a dracthyr.

Even if it’s a questline to get a full dragon form, that’s hard, test the class and doesn’t come out till 10.2. It would be cool.

10 Likes

It would certainly make sense and if they ever open normal flying in the Dragon Isles or for dragon riding mounts in the rest of the game, they should def do the same for Dracthyr. That said, I’m not gonna hold my breath. See what I did there? Sorry I’ll stop now… Honestly, I’m fine with just having dragon riding as a racial.

2 Likes

This right here 100%! I’d love to fly just like that.

4 Likes

This.

Unfortunately, also this.
But hey, we got heckin’ body types to replace the chudcel ignorant evil genders that existed before!

That needs to change. I have a feeling that going back to the old flying after doing the dragonriding is going to be awful. lol

3 Likes

Making the toggle for Drakthyr towards turning-into your Dragon-riding mount, instead of riding it would be cool.

It’d be a nice fun twist & make sense from a certain point of view too.

4 Likes

This is like two days late but THIS WOULD BE SO GREAT. Give them a real dragon form for flying. Idc if it has a cast time, but I don’t want to be a dragon riding a mount.

6 Likes

But with a five minute cooldown which starts after landing.

It is. Worse than you think, even. It’s like going back to 60% flying after being 280 on the PTR for a while. It feels like you’re going nowhere, crawling through the air. And it’s mad boring by comparison. Nothing to think about. It’s like comparing auto run to web slinging in Spider-Man.

5 Likes

They can.

2 Likes

I just want Soar to not have a 5 min CD. :unamused:

7 Likes

Same. The biggest issue so far in the alpha is the cooldown on soar. Especially during the starting experience.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was watching a friend of mine go though it, and he was just standing around waiting for Soar CD to come up so he could fly to the next quest hub. :rofl:

3 Likes

Flask of endless sands

2 Likes

I literally have it.

Thanks, but not really what I’m asking for. I want a cool dragon not a stone elemental and for it to be dracthyr specific.

4 Likes