Evocation is useless

You are doubling down on the wrong things here.

It’s channeled until it’s not. Some spells are for an enemy and some aren’t.

1 Like

The effect of blizzard is shards falling from the sky, not what they do once they hit an enemy.

You and everyone else is saying the shards keep on falling despite the effect ending

If you want to say you keep mana from Evocation, then you also are saying the shards form blizzard continue falling from the sky once the effect ends.

Same exact concept.

Someone is super bored today.

4 Likes

It’s an interesting perspective that you have, and I think it sort of makes sense. However, the way Evocation works is that mana regeneration is increased. As soon as you move, or otherwise stop Evocation, that effect ends.

The result of mana regeneration being increased is that you regenerate mana faster, and typically end up with a full (or almost full) mana bar. There’s nothing about the tooltip description that implies that that mana would be or should be temporary.

2 Likes

If you are channelling an offensive hability during the channelling time frame the mob health go down.

If you are channelling a healing hability during the channelling time frame the player health will go up.

If you are channelling evocation during the channelling time frame your mana will go up.

When you stop the channelling in all cases the effects that happened during the channelling time frame will still have their results in terms of life and Mana sustained.

3 Likes

Evocation doesn’t temporarily fill the mana bar. It increases mana regeneration.

Here’s the winning answer. OP’s post is predicated on a misunderstanding (and is also a troll). Evocation’s effect isn’t “restores mana”, it’s “increases the rate at which your mana regenerates.” The moment you stop channeling your mana regeneration reverts to normal.

1 Like

No I’m taking what people say in their replies and the games mechanics and applying them correctly.

if it’s wrong then you guys are in the wrong.

You are the only one in this whole thread who doesn’t understand how channeled spells work…

But we are wrong.

1 Like

ROFL, no. If the only effect of Blizzard was a visual effect, no one would use it.

Blizzard = Ice shards pelt the target area doing ### Frost damage over 8 sec.

Most channeled spells have an amount of effect per a period of time, usually divided into ticks. It might do the actual damage every 2 seconds or every 3 seconds, so the total amount is divided out.

You cannot keep changing your argument to fit your argument.

The effect ends, and you lose the mana you do not gain MANA from Evocation you have it regen, regen and keeping it aren’t the samething

You say you keep mana then you also say Blizzard still continues throwing shards form the sky.

You cannot say you keep one but not another from channeled spells.

Your reply is invaid because this is about channeled spells and how they work.

Both Blizzard and Evocation are channeled this means ONCE YOU MOVE OR THE SPELL DURATION ENDS so do the effects.

Blizzard will stop throwing down ice shards and you no longer have mana regen.
Evocation does not RESTORE MANA, so there is no mana to retain once the regeneration effect ends.

This entire thread is a case study why we have to announce things like: hot coffee has a warning, poisons say to not eat, and keep out of the reach of children.

Because there is a segment of our population that literally cannot apply common sense to anything.

7 Likes

You’re a troll. None of you can get around what I’m saying and you know that, so as usual, if you cannot get around what someone says, you gotta derail the situation because you’re embarrassed.

Evocation is not a MANA RESTORE spell, it’s a channeled mana regen effect.

Evocation only regens during the duration of the spell then goes away because it’s a channeled effect and channeled EFFECTS end either by some form of interruption, or the duration ends, there is no mana being restored in EVOCATION because it’s a regen effect, not RESTORE.

This is a case where I have a rock solid point none of you can argue against, and Blizzard doesn’t know how to properly name their spells.

It increases your mana regeneration while you channel it…therefore restoring mana.

You don’t un-do the damage that you deal to enemies with Blizzard…why would you un-do the effects from Evocation?

1 Like

I’m trying to tell you…there IS mana once the effect ends…you saying there isn’t is you just denying reality.

Go evocate and see for yourself.

I’m not a troll. You just are wrong.

The minute you realize that in a channeled spell effects can be broken into smaller ‘ticks’ it should have made sense.

Mindflay breaks when i move, it doesn’t cancel the damage done

Evocation stops mana regen when I move, it doesn’t cancel the mana that was already regenerated.

Pick the next channeled spell and the above logic will apply.

Your whole argument falls about because of mana pots.

Read a mana pot,then read Evocation.

Evocation isn’t Restoring mana like a mana pot, otherwise things like mana pot would have regenerates mana instead of restore.

Please get better educated.

If Evocation is restoring mana then there is no such thing as regeneration in this game.

I know you’re trolling, but I’ll indulge you.

regen and keeping it aren’t the samething

They in fact are by definition. Regeneration has many definitions depending on the field it is used in. In regards to mana it can be said to be closest to this specific definition, as defined by the Oxford dictionary.

bring into renewed existence; generate again.

In layman’s terms, regeneration restores something that was lost.

From a mechanical standpoint the effect’s provided by evocation are as follows.

Apply Aura: Mod Power Regen % (Mana)
Apply Aura: Allow % of Mana Regeneration to Continue in Combat

The effects as you can plainly see has nothing to do with restoring mana directly. Aura 1 changes the regeneration coefficient, Aura 2 allows full regeneration in combat. Both effects end once moving, and both effects are always active already on the caster. Evocation magnifies existing effects. Mages are ALWAYS restoring some portion of mana.

You say you keep mana then you also say Blizzard still continues throwing shards form the sky.

No, YOU say this. Don’t put words in my mouth, or I won’t indulge your trolling, and will instead simply call you a moron.

3 Likes

Isn’t it interesting how people who start a troll thread then accuse others of trolling?

4 Likes

So if I cast Arcane Missiles and cancel it before its done, the damage should revert?