Evocation is useless

I don’t get why every channeled spell has to behave the same way. Not all channeled spells do, as evidence by evocation.

But the same way most channeled spells spend resources, evocation accumulates resources. Your spent resource, you use Blizzard as an example, stops when you move and the next tick does not take effect. Evocate fills a mana bar, when you move or it’s interrupted, it stops.

All channeled spells use their full cost immediately. There isn’t a spell that doesn’t… Except evocate is backwards. It costs no resources, just a cooldown, and its full “accumulation”, instead of cost in this case, stops when the channel stops.

It’s a channeled spell in disguise. It’s a different mechanic for all intents and purposes.

Like everyone else said, it’s behaving correctly, evocate still sucks, and you’re wrong.

By your logic a target enemy players health should then instantly return after you stop channeling damage such as mind flay or drain life or whatever it’s called. That’s is your flawed logic at work, I just used it to show you how wrong you are.

I hate to say this but please find help Alex Jones.

what actually happens and what you think should happen are two different things

No, Evocation’s effect is to increase mana regen from spirit, NOT to fill your mana bar. The end result of that regen boost is that you have a full (or fuller) mana bar. The spirit boost ends when the Evocation ends.
Blizzards effect is to damage baddies that are inside the circle (and other stuff depending on talents). So when it ends so does the damage.

/thread

edit: sorry if i have repeated someone else from the thread. I couldn’t sit and read through 200+ replies to this lunacy.

Don’t…Feed…The…Troll!
They eat all the food, and stink up the place.