Evil horde narrative

there are things to disagree on that isn’t attached to morality. This isn’t about having different ideas, this is about people who have evil, immoral ideas. And I am not going to shrug my shoulders at things like slavery and genocide and say “That’s their perspective.”

Moral relativism doesn’t necessitate complacency.

7 Likes

I think attaching some ideas to evil or immorality can be a convenient excuse to dismiss an opposing idea.

Yeah, but when confronted with legit ideals other people have you dismiss them as not real. Saying people who think being gay is a sin against god as just covering their own personal feelings.

Moral relativism is for cowards and edgelords who don’t have the maturity to be honest with themselves.

Can be, unless that opposing idea is actually evil.

It is.

That’s not true, you know it’s not true. Because I said you know it’s not true.
See how silly that sounds?

2 Likes

I mean, I think your view is the naïve one. That doesn’t really speak to the point, though. Moral relativism does not necessitate complacency.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve found the biggest cowards to be people who are sure they have everything figured out before they ever encounter it because they are to scared to go through it as a traveler from a position of non-control.

7 Likes

Except this has been something researched and discussed in psychology as early as 1949. It’s actually a pretty solid claim.

Perhaps not, but it acts in the service of personal moral negligence.

Have you traveled anywhere, ever?

All over the world with the military.

This is non-scientific. The presence of people who do it don’t eliminate people who don’t

How does that speak to the idea of ‘shrugging your shoulders at slavery and genocide’ as a claim of perspective?

Is that so? Any places in particular? Army? Marines? What?

Psychological studies are non-scientific? Lol. Kay.

Because we all have an innate understanding of right and wrong, and wrong moral action comes from a place of resentment, complacency or negligence.

Marine Corps. Stateside I’ve lived in NY, FL, CO, WA, CA. In the Marines I did two floats during OIF and OEF.

very disingenuous. I’ll give you enough credit and not explain why.

2 Likes

But you’ve seemingly agreed that relativism doesn’t necessitate complacency. Then continue to claim it contributes to complacency and negligence.

There is plenty of research and discussions one way or the other for everything, but as far as I have seen nothing is so concrete as to say that no one believes in religion and they are all liars covering up for their own repressed feelings.

Hell, look at japan. Their views on sexuality is purely based off cultural norms. They just think that it’s against the norms of the culture to be anything LGBT. So they think it’s immoral purely because it’s not “normal.”

1 Like

Were 4th Battalion in Bootcamp?

Seemingly, but didn’t.

It does.

Best to just ignore it all then.

Sandiego. Hollywood Marine.

What’s the Green Weenie like?

Do you agree or disagree with the idea that moral complacency doesn’t necessitate complacency?

Sucks at the time but you learn to love it. If you want to test my truthfulness, hop on the SF discord. Would keep this thread less cluttered.