Evil horde narrative

Nah, I’m good. Not a fan of Stolen Valor.

Best unless you wish to start a sociology/psychology study in this evil horde narrative forum. Even if one side were “more right” over the other it’s hardly the issue.
Surely some of those who hold those beliefs are not because of any repressed feelings. Plenty of religious people who are gay have to still think it’s a sin. It’s not like those who go to church every sunday and have premarital sex think they are not sinners.

That’s a pretty offensive claim.

2 Likes

Just offered a way to prove it and you rejected it. Yet, you seem so sure that you already know. Interesting…

I’ve found the biggest cowards to be people who are sure they have everything figured out before they ever encounter it because they are to scared to go through it as a traveler from a position of non-control.

edit: kek

3 Likes

Your response proved it to me, Lol. And Discord is hardly proof anyway. You have been trying to bait me continuously this entire time, but I draw the line here.

Good

Mmm, doubtful. Unless it is one of those situations where they do it in secret, in which case their homophobia is a means of covering their own insecurities.

My response about the big green weenie that everyone hates at the time but you love it because you miss the Corps when you get out?

Discord would have provided me the opportunity for me to share info I don’t want on here. But you ran for a reason. Scared of being wrong. Coward.

8 Likes

No, it’s much more vulgar. Good use of urban dictionary though. By the way, 4th Battalion in Boot Camp is the female battalion. Which leads into the Green Weenie joke… Nice try.

Good bait.

LOL! No. That’s not where the big green weenie comes from. The BGW is the Marine Corps Fing you. male or female. Doesn’t matter. pathetic.

1 Like

There are whole networks of Christians trying to normalize being gay and maintaining your religious beliefs. Again, as you said, plenty of religious people live in sin every day but only complain about certain sins.

Unless you’re wrong, I would just avoid calling people out on military service. He should not have to prove that to randos online anyways. It’s not like he is trying to pass himself off as a vet to get free stuff.

I would give it up, or ask where akiyass has traveled, since they made it such an issue where you have been.

2 Likes

Sure, but that doesn’t mean they believe being gay is sinful. If they are trying to normalize it, then surely they don’t believe that.

Im not, its more common than you think. I live very close to an Air Force base, see people in uniform all f–ked up all the time.

nah, she tried to make her travels an issue earlier. An effort to toot her own horn. I’m well traveled myself so it was unimpressive.

Clearlry her living next to an AF base makes her very knowlegable on Marine Corps knowledge. LOL!

1 Like

You can accept something as sinful and still accept that it’s a part of your life. That’s practically the entire point of Christianity isn’t it?

I am not going to debate military service and whatnot, I think it’s not a proper argument to have on a wow forum. Although seeing airmen in jacked up uniforms probably means they are real airmen.

Maybe, but sin should never be “normalized” which implies that they do not believe homosexuality is sinful.

This is kind of funny, but I have a gay friend who is a Christian and says Jesus was gay lol. I can’t tell if he actually believes that or just says that to be a diva, but I laugh at it.

This is one school of thought. Another is that man is born into a sinful nature so it is already normalized. And that because of sinful nature, sin being sin has nothing to do with choice.

that doing the act doesn’t determine the sin since the sin is determined in the heart.

The way I’ve heard it described is that homosexual desires are not sinful, as every human has the desire to sin. It is acting on those desires (e.g pursuing homosexual relations) that they view as sinful. I’m an atheist though, so don’t take me as any sort of authority on the subject.

1 Like

There’s a balance that not everyone can agree on. it is clarified that sin begins in the heart. e.g.: hating your neighbor is committing murder in your heart even if you never actually kill anybody.

Then we have acts that are regulated but acts seem to be more malleable. e.g.: new believers shouldn’t eat meat sacrificed to idols because t could tempt them. but mature believers can because false gods have no power over them… unless it is advertised as meat sacrificed to idols and could hurt the walk of a less mature believer.

So, there seems to be an acknowlegemnet that no one can completely stop all nonbeneficial action but that the continued effort is the goal even when one falls short of the goal.

Really, the balance is a lot of what theologians have debated and studied for thousands of years.

1 Like

Well either way, my initial point was that saying morality is a biological condition is wrong.

I feel like I have watched a ton of movies based around that base concept. Lord of Flies comes to mind.

1 Like

I think yes the story narrative of the Horde does paint them as the evil faction. The rest of the residents of Azeroth who were present during the time the Orcs have been present have viewed their actions as evil and dishonorable.

Even certain orcs in the Horde view their own actions as dishonorable and evil during the wars.

Are you still going on about how your ideals are universal? I have some great books on ethics I could recommend for you but you probably won’t read them

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, do you believe if the Germans and the Japanese won WW2, today people would be talking how horrible it was that they eradicated majority of races of the face of the Earth?

Good lord, are we still at this?

5 Likes