***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

Late WotLK was after the dungeon queue was introduced. People started just hitting Need on everything, because there were no consequences for doing so.

Without the dungeon queue, reputation will matter–to every form of ninja looting.

2 Likes

Except we aren’t getting cross server or automated grouping. If someone ninjas, screenshot it, and let your server blacklist know.

3 Likes

It’s just like having everything be on master loot, except better, because if people abuse it they’ll be blacklisted as ninjas.

Only thing that can be done is hope for the best, but expect the worse.

1 Like

Exactly, fam. <3

All, I respectfully disagree with the server blacklisting. Ninja looting is just 1 concern Loot Trading brings up.

It’ll encourage gbid on pug raids. It’ll encourage loot selling on pug raids. Which means it will encourage gold buying from chinese gold farmers.

Server blacklists are going to be hard to maintain because I guarantee that Blizz isn’t going to let us “name names” on classic server forums. They’ll consider it harassment.

1 Like

Then it’ll be somewhere else. Discords, most likely.

1 Like

There were functional and effective blacklist mods in vanilla I can only imagine they will work even better in Classic with more developers and modern api.

The night that I got Kang to drop in Ungoro farming leather for my devilsaur gloves and pants set my neighbors thought I had lost my mind and actually knocked on my apartment door. I cannot wait to stand on the bank in Org or spam Barrens chat again!

1 Like

I’ve got a question that I think should be added to the list: Will running into water on a mount force a dismount?

I hope so.

This should be there since it was a client thing, (and it didn’t change till like… woltk)

So after further discussion about this, I am not convinced that a dev has ruled out transmog. The only mention of transmog that i have found is that June 2018 Dev Watercooler, and that is not a definitive ‘its not in the game’. All they said was that it was not apart of the 1.12 patch that they fixed onto the modern code.

It may not exist in the code, but they say nothing that it won’t be added . Until a dev expressly says this, I think you should walk back the ‘its definitely not in’.

here is the original quote in full

** So we asked ourselves, would it still be possible to deliver an authentic classic experience if we took our modern code, with all its back-end improvements and changes, and used it to process the Patch 1.12 game data? While that might seem counterintuitive, this would inherently include classic systems like skill ranks, old quests and terrain, talents, and so on, while later features like Transmog and Achievements would effectively not exist because they were entirely absent from the data . After weeks of R&D, experimentation, and prototyping, we were confident we could deliver the classic WoW content and gameplay without sacrificing the literally millions of hours put in to back-end development over the past 13 years.**

As said, that does not say that it won’t be added. The achievements was confirmed at Blizzcon not to be in Classic, but there is no mention that transmog is out. This needs to be clarified.

how does , “authentic” and " Transmog and Achievements would effectively not exist because they were entirely absent from the data"

not help u come to a conclusion, just because u want it so badly doesnt mean they have to say NO to u before u can accept defeat

3 Likes

once again, go look at my post history. I don’t want transmog. I want a dev to actually confirm it will not be added. All that line says it that transmog was not part of 1.12. What it doesn’t say is that it won’t be added.

No dev has done that yet. Learn to read.

As for your authentic quote…well that didn’t stop the discussion of sharding did it. If the devs are still deciding on that, kinda throws into question what is considered authentic.

This is an incredibly stupid argument.

They also haven’t SPECIFICALLY said that Arthas won’t be sitting in the middle of EPL shooting down gryphons as they fly over.

They haven’t SPECIFICALLY said that the Caverns of Time will be closed.

They haven’t SPECIFICALLY said that arenas won’t be included.

See how dumb that sounds?

1 Like

I kinda like that whole Arthas shooting down griffins thing. That’s a change I might be able to get behind.

3 Likes

do you know how stupid it sounds when you use such outlandish comparisons?

Transmog is a lot different, since people have actually been asking for it. I don’t want it near Classic WOW, but that doesn’t change the fact that it hasn’t been ruled out, yet there you have it on your list of things confirmed not to be in Classic WOW. At this time, that is not the case.

I am people and I am officially asking for this to be in Classic. Just Arthas sitting on a roof knocking griffins out of the sky and using Frostmourne to devour their souls. I don’t even care if they don’t actually have souls.

3 Likes

I am actually fairly certain they have confirmed it in one of the videos.

My point of using stupid examples is to show how stupid your ‘concern’ is. There’s a metric ton of things they haven’t specifically commented on, but using just a tiny bit of logic can get you to a firm answer.

Seriously - the use of logic is becoming a lost art, it’s depressing.

Edited to add: The things that are intelligent concerns/questions are things that existed at some point in Vanilla, such as which AV version, will FD kill hunters if the timer runs out, graphics (since it was in the demo) etc. Things that did not exist until far far far far after Vanilla are a stupid concern.

4 Likes

I’m personally not opposed to the graphics toggle or the idea of transmog. I doubt transmog will make it in, though, and that’s perfectly alright. I’m only gonna be going for Dungeon Set 1 anyway unless I can actually start a decent casual raid.