***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

Vanilla like populations are my vote.

I could support something like a 5k population cap, but would prefer vanilla population.

If more than vanilla population are going to be present, then something definitely needs to be done for the resource farming at a minimum.

There are definite negatives to megaservers and node spawns balanced for vanilla populations while there are 4 times a many people on the server is toxic. Not to mention world bosses, devilsaur farming, and similar resource battles.

Server mergers are the solution to dead/dying servers post launch rush. People who want private server populations can find that on private servers. Although Iā€™m not pure no changes (sensible non-gameplay changes are ok by me), I do feel that changing something fundamental like server population would be the type of change that directly interferes with recreating the authentic vanilla experience.

2 Likes

This is perfect for me from a personal point of view. I started in July 2006. This version of WoW is literally what I started with.

1 Like

Is this truth? Theyā€™re adding the Tier 0.5 sets AFTER adding significant raid content? Those were something we needed to have prior to even going into MC. Is there a blue post explaining this decision?

Thank you,
Ven

Hereā€™s the question however:
Are you saying 5k on average, or 5k during peak for the server time zone?
Personally I would opt for the former, which would mean higher during peak but still healthy enough off peak.

Yeah, this has been debated at length. From my perspective, .5 sets had their own inherent gating and need no further gating via an arbitrary schedule. To hold off on the .5 upgrades until raid gear is more common cheapens the challenge of getting the .5 gear.

2 Likes

Iā€™m saying population logged-in caps; the number of characters allowed to be created on a server isnā€™t what matters though if there is going to be an account creation cap I would also advocate for vanilla caps. The game wasnā€™t designed for 7k people to be logged in and farming content and that shouldnā€™t be allowed unless we start changing things to accommodate the increased populations.

5k on concurrently is even more than the game was designed for from what I can tell.

I want authentic vanilla population caps or adjustments to node spawns for resources and farmed mobs. Donā€™t increase the server population without increasing the server resources.

2 Likes

These items were not in at release and should not be. They were a type of catch up gear and just a fun quest line. It would have been cool but completely unbalancing and progression challenging for them to be in at release.

Catch up gear has no business being released on launch. This is why dire maul gear should also not be in on launch.

1 Like

It was not catch up gear. It was merely blizzard finally hearing non raiders screaming for hard to obtain gear that could be worked on in manageable chunks over a long period of time. It was arguably more difficult to obtain than much raid gear was.

In fact many if not most raiders got geared up in raids and then thought to faceroll through the baron 45 and had their :poop: handed to them.

Most of the ninja looters that I have ever encountered was greedy guild leaders taking care of the people they liked over random players or new guild players.
Most players are sheep, and will not speak out against a greedy guild leader and his/her god complex they have!

1 Like

Both the difficulty (45 Min Baron) and the overall costs of the individual quests involved are sufficient gating on the tier .5 gear to not be of concern - itā€™s like 1,200 gold to upgrade the total set.

Also - Dire Maul WAS in on launch for everything but the USA, soā€¦

The only question I have is will armor/weapons be Plagued by spirit?

Yes, much like they were at the time.

citation please?

Please watch the videos in the OP - I believe itā€™s mentioned there, it is 100% confirmed.

So if there is loot trading, will there also be restrictions on who can roll need or will it be like vaniller where a mage can need a 2hand sword

Thereā€™s been no direct word on it, but thereā€™s nothing to indicate that there will be any kind of restriction so I would say itā€™s safe to assume it will be as it was in Vanilla.

Some people on here are spouting doom and gloom about it, but realistically I donā€™t see it being an issue since we wonā€™t have Xrealms.

2 Likes

I found the bit in the 2nd video linked- thank you.

If Loot Trading makes it through to release, I will not be participating in Classic WoW. I hope everyone else enjoys the game!

LOL what? This is such a minor thingā€¦

bye felicia!

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer to pug with people who arenā€™t rolling with their friends to give them an unfair advantage with loot. Iā€™m not here to be a jerk- loot trading is going to have too many negative impacts.

Lol no it wonā€™t, not on a single server - itā€™s akin to ninja looting, I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be an issue whatsoever.

2 Likes

Loot Trading promotes ninja looting, and that was proven when it was introduced in late WotLK, hence the implementation of personal loot in MoP. Iā€™m not here to argue- I was interested in learning. I appreciate your work and thread, best wishes. <3

1 Like