***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

Do we have any answers on the PvP ladder/ranking? Even if not, can we at least add a Q for that, even if we have yet to get a definitive A?

Thanks!

Edit: The term “PvP rewards” in the 2nd content update is ambiguous, as that could mean faction rewards, honor rewards, ranking, etc. So if the answers are known, maybe a bit of clarification? Thanks again.

Largely speaking, I’m trying to keep the post to things we KNOW, or are extremely likely, based on available evidence.

While I am personally certain the PVP rewards and ladder/ranking system will remain as it was in Vanilla (with POSSIBLY tweaked numbers) nothing has been said to make it definitive enough either way.

Noooooo! Why!?

2 Likes

Because it was begged for in Vanilla.

Most of the things now in retail were, from easy-to-get epics to rigid talent specs.

That does not mean adding them was a good idea.

2 Likes

That’s not honestly the reason given for its inclusion. Ion stated that often in vanilla, loot disputes were ticketed for resolution and this this way, it would save everyone (especially Blizzard’s GMs/CS) the time of having to deal with that.

4 Likes

I don’t much care what people begged for in Vanilla, most of them were terrible and had no idea what they really wanted in the first place. One of the coolest things about Vanilla was how valuable gear could be, and how cool it was to see someone with it (or to be that person with it). It’s just one step away from what made Classic classic and one step towards what makes modern feel sterile or soulless at times.

I can tolerate a reason like this, I suppose. I don’t expect them to have many resources allocated to this in the first place, honestly. As long as it’s not specifically for the reason of convenience I guess it’s not too big of a deal. Still, though. We are quickly approaching the point of “when is enough enough”. If you don’t want Classic to be byte for byte Classic, then you don’t actually want Classic, right?

2 Likes

Your argument makes no sense.

You can trade BOP items within 2 hours of them being picked up, and without equipping them.

That doesn’t touch the “coolness” or “hardness” of gear, it just solves the issue of the Pally getting the Rogue dagger by mistake.

6 Likes

If this is being introduced into Classic wow, this won’t be how Classic was. The looting system shouldn’t be messed with because this will tell the community what kind of player they are. If they are gonna “ninja loot” something, or be honorable, it will help other guilds or players determine who they want to play with on that server. In other words… weeding out the honest players from the dishonest players.

1 Like

If this is being introduced into Classic wow, this won’t be how Classic was. The looting system shouldn’t be messed with because this will tell the community what kind of player they are. If they are gonna “ninja loot” something, or be honorable, it will help other guilds or players determine who they want to play with on that server. In other words… weeding out the honest players from the dishonest players.

1 Like

You can still ninja loot, this solves the issues for people that did it accidentally.

The reasoning is this: if something wa slotted accidentally, or ML to the wrong person and I opened a ticket to say “Hey, this corehound tooth should have gone to Satisfy, can you send it to him please?” 99% of the time the GMs would do it, it just took 4-5 days.

Their logic is (rightfully) if the end result is going to be the same, why not skip the drama and tenseness and just allow it to be traded as long as the person was there for the kill.

This is a good thing.

10 Likes

In all the time I played I don’t remember me ever accidentally ninja looting anything…

3 Likes

No? You’ve never mis-looted? You’re better then me then, I’ve done it and it sucks.

5 Likes

Why is this a sticky post?
It contains false information based on a lot of assumption as being facts…
Why does a Blue not post this sort of info…

That was part of the struggle in Classic wow. It shouldn’t be messed with. It was important for the community to know about a player(s) intentions, especially if the servers are not cross realm. I do understand what they are trying to accomplish… but… if Blizzard is trying to be authentic to the game play, they should leave this alone. It is important to have the feel of Classic weather people have an issue with it or not. Also… back to the point. The weeding out process of honesty vs dishonesty. It was a big part of Classic/Vanilla wow and effects the community and game play.

4 Likes

Like what?

For example, If there are bad/dishonest players that made a habit of ninja looting, lets say… players would spread the news among that server, because its not cross realm, and everybody knows everybody to an extent, and that player would be soon know as a bad/dishonest/ninja looter/etc… and they would be more unlikely to join certain guilds, groups, etc. In a sense, they would be black listed. Which would make the game play a little rough for that player, by his own fault. So, on the other hand, if you are honest, and didn’t ninja loot items, you would have an easier time with folks on that server, because they would be know as a respectable player. That’s just 1 example.

1 Like

I was responding to the guy saying it’s inaccurate.

My apologies.

1 Like

And if they were really good at their class, or had the keys to particular instances, or were simply popular, their bad behavior would be brushed aside.

The people complaining the loudest about this sound like they’re afraid of not being able to ninja or give their BFFS the loot they want, to put it bluntly.

2 Likes