***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

They also have said that they are not adding in transmog and achievements

“features like Transmog and Achievements would effectively not exist“

2 Likes

How is it partially confirmed? Pretty sure I remember seeing them specifically saying this will not be in classic.

He’s right - the 1.12 patch introduced cross realm BGs - so, at this point, I think it’s a legitimate question. And, frankly, not one that I think would be a huge deal as I think the thing that “broke” the community the most was the cross realm interactions.

But I’d be perfectly fine with the servers not interacting at all, even in BGs.

6 Likes

Hey great post, glad it got stickied.

For real though no sharding please.

9 Likes

Originally I was all for it, as long as it was confined to starting zones only.

I’ve come around to be of the #nosharding mindset.

6 Likes

My primary concern is how many servers will there be? If they have too many we’ll end up with dead servers like we have on live. What I’d love to see are mega-servers instead. Each region has only a couple massive servers, more can be added later if needed. Keep the world populated, the worst thing that can happen on a closed server is for it to die and you can’t hardly ever find anyone to play with.

3 Likes

I would agree.

But if they do mega-servers, it seems like sharding is going to be something that keeps getting brought up. The game can suffer just as much from overpopulation as underpopulation. Because blizzard is considering sharding launch, it’s reasonable to wonder if they might consider sharding other high population situations. I would rather have vanilla-ish server populations and risk a dead server

3 Likes

If we are to believe what they said during Blizzcon, then this should not be an issue.

Problem is the ability for many players here to trust Blizzard has already been fractured by many accounts.

3 Likes

Just throwing this out there, 90% of reasons people have to not trust blizzard are actually based off of straight up lies and misinformation. Such as the Rp/sharding argument. Or the CRZ argument as well.

3 Likes

Yeah just saying it from an un-informed and unbiased PoV.

Thank you !!! This needs to be stickied.

1 Like

Stop, the constant putting of the site is…weird.

1 Like

Ban him please. Or flag his posts at least

2 Likes

Yes yes ban ban ban everyone for recruiting for their guilds here. | classicwowlifers . com Hardcore guild recruiting

I’ve really no care for you posting this randomly here and there, but it is rather annoying a bit to see it come up in a sticky to be honest, although I know you obviously put it in this sticky thread. It’s just more off-putting for me here than normal threads for some reason.

Maybe because this post of the ones I’ve seen was solely on that point and not really beneficial to the thread? I mean I get it, you geared it towards that idea with the way you fashioned it but it still comes off the same.

(p.s. not bothering to report or anything, just saying.)

2 Likes

Yeah, this is really the crux. Im fine with sharding. I get why they want it and i genuinely trust watcher when he talks about it. BUT two things have to be solved:

1. It has to function perfectly. By which i mean you should not be sharded unless essential, and under no account should people on your friend or guild list be in different shards.
  2. At the first real stress test, say a capital city raid (because its coming) or tm/ss (because its also coming), they have to show that theyre serious and let the server burn if it needs to. Maybe a few dc’s from instability and you might see a counter demand for more control over server pops and world pvp. Then they can make the claim for more controlled use of sharding and put it back to the community. But until then, they need to stay hands off, let the game implode if it needs to and show serious restraint. At this point they’ll have earned back trust and can reasonably ask us if we think it should be utilised in these kinds of situations (my answer is never, but im just one /waggle).
5 Likes

you want to recruit? Go make a post about it and keep yourself there.

5 Likes

You want to recruit that is fine. No one is going to stop you. But it is beyond annoying seeing it in half a dozen threads. Make your own thread and confine it to that.

3 Likes

they said at a blizzcon interview that they wont change how raids where or class balance it will both be as it was in 1.12

1 Like