***EVERYTHING We Definitively Know about Classic***

Because it’s not a quote thread, the words have the SAME MEANING, hence synonym.

You don’t like it? Feel free to leave and ignore. I’m not going to play semantics, I’m here to try and help the community, not be a whiny brat.

26 Likes

No you seem to be attempting to do your own translation of what actual information was given. You asked that inaccuracies be pointed out, yet when one is you act insulted.

4 Likes

Put the content inside tick marks

just like this

Note: you must use ` and not ’
They are different (according to the forums)

3 Likes

Great source of information for new comers welldone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol again, you’re absolutely right… ‘Use as a foundation’ and ‘based on’ are different phrases. Take your participation trophy and go. Your semantics arguing is distracting from the point of the thread

9 Likes

This is great, Banjaa. I can tell you put some time into this. Hopefully it will be stickied.

3 Likes

actually that was prior to TBC and was in 2005

Yea it was the prepatch. Playing vanilla under the tbc prepatch doesn’t make sense. It’s like playing Legion with 8.0 bfa.

I’ve been hoping to see such thread pop up for some time now, thank you for making it!

One thing that I would suggest adding is the exclusion of features such as LFD/LFR, CRZ, etc. You’d think this would be obvious, but we still see threads popping up about this every now and then.

Ignore the pedantic trolls and keep up the good work! Hopefully this gets stickied :smiley:

7 Likes

Good idea, adding now.

1 Like

Great effort, but as others have pointed out 1.12 is the data point the Devs chose. But the content point is much different…

Well done OP, sticky vote here too…

1 Like

Facts? I thought these were new forums, not 2015 ones.

Wut… what are you talking about…

Superb thread! Glad you were able to get it stickied!

3 Likes

This thread is awesome! Glad it’s stickied now. I try myself to stick to known information, but it’s nice to have a place to check on it if I come across daft arguments again on what is real and what is not.

Q: Are the items you obtain in Classic going to transfer over to your modern/BfA account?

A: No. It’s really important to the developers that the two ecosystems are kept separate.
If you’re playing WoW Classic it should be because you enjoy it. Not because you’re trying to unlock something for BfA.

Source - Youtube: Blizzcon 2018 Day 2 World of Warcraft Classic Q&A RAW around 8:45

After the first dev answers the audience members question with a firm no, the absolute muppet of a host immediately goes and asks the exact same question and gets shutdown hardcore by Ion, hahah.

8 Likes

Yay, stickied! Well done!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Good to know what we are going into.:+1:

2 Likes

Cross realm tech is only partially confirmed to be out, sadly. We still don’t know for sure regarding Xrealm bgs. Hopefully Blizzard does the right thing and keeps that garbage entirely out, but it was present in 1.12, so it’s a distinct (or even likely) possibility for Classic.

3 Likes