Everything is full and Queue times insane

Blizzard why haven’t you just tied multiple servers together on the same freaking realm? increasing the amount of people on 1 single server?

I have a hard time believing that not a single employee could’ve foresaw that this would happens and that releasing multiple servers from the get go wasn’t the better idea overall. How idiotic could they’ve been to fail so hard at understanding that its better to have too many server rather than not enough. Their ridiculous claims about “we don’t want dead servers” is so extreme in the realm of low IQ that it sounds like they are trying to deny the fact they merged low population servers in retail. like it’s something that is not possible for them? they had years and years to prepare for this launch. Maybe instead of being stubborn idiot who have no idea what they are doing and had been denying us from getting classic realm forever, they should’ve get off their high horse and realize that no, they do not have a single clue about what their players wants. It’s very easy to just go around and see how many people were waiting for this game. they could’ve easily just create tones of servers and then reduce the amount of servers by allowing transfers between those servers. Now what are they even waiting for. create more servers asap, and give people realm transfers sooner than later because people will not just switch servers at this point, because it took them a full day to lvl just to 10 and they aren’t ready to relive the starting zone chaos.

2 Likes

day 2 and i log in to a full log in server then i go to the server that my friend wants to go on and im on 15000 in queue for the second time and this is frustrating cause all of them beat the queue and all are lvling and im still here in the queue wating for over 5 hours just to get dced and put to the back of the queue. they need to fix this. granted i dont want to be on this streamer server but my friend insists and now im getting the short end of the stick. im about to unsub and come back in a year so my queue will only be 30 mins…ridiculous.

1 Like

This is not a good game experience for most of us with jobs, a family and VERY limited time to play…
I moved to my forth server already and i was able to play all last night.
I don’t want to start over on a 5th server and ask my friends to do the same.

please add more Layers and allow more people on!

I really want to get a chance to play during my few hours of free time each day.
Thanks

4 Likes

Agreed this is a miserable experience to well adjusted adults with normal lives. All of my friends apparently dont have jobs or school and were able to log into whitemane this morning. Meanwhile I came home at lunch to hit up the queue and I am still waiting right now to get in.

1 Like

I literally subscribed just to play WoW classic, and after selecting my “Medium” population server today, was faced with a queue of over 6800 which I’ve now sat in for two and a half hours with still well over 1200 remaining in the queue. When all is said and done, I will have waited around 3 to 3 and a half hours to get into the game and play. For a working guy, that means nearly my entire play time squandered just waiting in queue.

Say what you all will about how it’ll get better when folks leave, but this isn’t a free service. People are paying for game access, and we’re not getting access to the game. I’m sure there’s some subtle text in the agreement about server availability, but that doesn’t change the bare facts here, that payment is rendered and service is not rendered.

1 Like

I like where your analysis starts here, but it’s a touch short. Greed matters, but it doesn’t cause this. A big bump for a single quarter is just a tease to a greedy mind. The same minds that would see value in that would immediately analyze how long they could keep the effect running over the curve. A bigger curve means much more long term profit and not just one, but many quarters with nice increases over recent trends.

But what happens to future subs when the people still considering joining read these forums and see 25k queues and 5 hour waits are what they’d be paying for?

So there’s a quote that applies here which I paraphrase - ‘Never attribute to malice what you may first attribute to incompetence.’

I’m sure there were employees who saw this coming. In most organizations, there are people with incredible foresight. But usually, these people are near the bottom where reality lies, and the decision makers think too much of themselves to listen to their worker bees. Turns out vision from the ground is pretty good.

2 Likes

uhhh yeah hey we have 5 new servers… still doesnt change the fact that i cant get in and play with my friends on their server also doesnt change the fact that poeple are useing some sort of auto clicker thing that auto jumps when they dont want to play anymore so they dont get kicked out of the server for being afk so others cant join…

I just dont understand, how after 15 years what they have learned… they could easily add layering and small tweaks so that everyone who wants to play classic can, and dont have to wait in 3 hour que times after work. Atleast let us play retail until the que is ready and allow a change over. The first thing I want to do when I get home from work is log on to watch some 7000 player countdown, until I can then… play for a couple hours now and basically get nothing done before I have to go to bed and repeat the whole process. I can only assume that you need to quit your job to get on in time to actually enjoy classic. Thanks Blizzard. You completed fisted your subscribers. again…

Every evening when I get home from work, around 7PM, the queue is at 13000, about 4-5 hours I won’t get to play until 11:30PM and to do a some catch up on level with my friends I have to stay until 2-3AM. This is killing me.

I am still having troubles loggin in to play with my friends when i want to. Do we have any plans to get this fixed or just hoping people move to a different server?

I’ve tried to do countermeasures to battle the queue times. Its still pretty ridiculous they are this long. I don’t end up really making progress fast. Mostly a bummer cause I wait so long in queue that I’m getting to a point when I finally get in its late or I’m over it.