Everyone is getting suspended and silenced for everything

Cant be a zombie and attack people without getting mass reported, cant enter a BG late and end up in starting room, cant defend nodes - literally afraid to do anything in this game now and interact with players - automation bans are terrifying and ruining my enjoyment of the game, anyone else? OH and you can report opposite faction so if you get ganked, or killed in a BG and get annoyed by a player you can grief false report them.

86 Likes

Not me, but, then, I don’t do BGs, I don’t deliberately go zombie and I don’t tend to say much in chat.

8 Likes

Weird, I’ve had no issues come up while doing all those things.

11 Likes

The auto report and silence system is more sensitive now, I swear. You can’t even state that foreigners gold farming on NA servers to pay their rent is a problem without getting a behavior warning.

10 Likes

LOL! Thats actually ridiculous…

4 Likes

I’ve been terrorizing Leveling towns and killing lowbies for hours and I haven’t been silenced lol. Ive gotten some colourful insults and threats though

13 Likes

hope you dont get false reported then! cause people do that just to grief

1 Like

The secret is to just not say anything in public channels. Its pretty clear if you and you crew get together and just target report people they get the boot off line and when they log back in they are silenced. Sure, it will get over turned but you still got to eat that temp silence until an overwhelmed ticket staff reviews it and turns it over.

5 Likes

Like I said, the next ban wave needs to be false reporters. It needs to happen quickly. It needs to be made public. It needs to happen before the WOTLK launch. People need to see that it is not Ok to hate report someone. Maybe if they have their account suspended and miss the WOTLK launch they’ll think twice before doing it next time. Deter the behavior. Make an example of them.

20 Likes

Yeah something needs to be done because people are legit just abusing it at this point. Literally cant even play without worrying about getting reported by some player that simply dislikes you.

The other day I took a leaf in a WSG and some dude stopped moving for a second while having me targeted. My own teammate (obviously I don’t know for certain and am assuming) but he probably reported me AFK or something just because I took his leaf. Cant do ANYTHING without the worry of players abusing the report system now adays

@anorel Forgot to click direct reply

6 Likes

This is a great way to lower queues

lol. I mean the thing is its all fun and games until it happens to you or someone you know right. Thats how this thing works. Im not an avid fourm poster, but i truly believe this system needs to be looked at because I really think it’s being abused and is destructive to the game I love and have been playing for over a decade. At the end of the day I just want a healthy as possible game but this reporting atmosphere is extremely volatile

8 Likes

I’ve only ever gotten 1 ban in the history of WoW and it was for saying the gamer word. I’ve been an absolute menace all of classic and never got in trouble for anything.

100%. People abusing the report feature need to be punished hard or this will never end.

17 Likes

Shilling for blizz does not count as being a menace. Maybe try going against the grain once or twice then you’ll see bans.

4 Likes

“Shilling for Blizz” I swear classic forums are just full of unhappy trolls. If you hate Blizz/classic so much just leave rofl

3 Likes

But why do you shill? That’s the question. What’s your goal? Do you hope to be rewarded in some way? None of the rewards seem worth it. Like community council members are hated on here, because they are shills and don’t actually live up to their titles. Blizzard isn’t going to gift you free game time or cash app you money for what you are doing. I just wonder, what’s in it for you and a few of the others on here. What satisfaction do you gain from your contrarian views?

3 Likes

i think at this point, people are making things up. after around 30 avs the last few days, i have yet to see anyone call for reports on others. not even once. so i call baloney on that claim.

3 Likes

Maybe I actually enjoy classic? Have you ever thought of that? I’ve agreed with every Blizz change for classic outside of nerfed AV and Wintergrasp. Their is something far worse than Blizzard when it comes to Classic and that’s the p server min maxxers min maxing the fun out of the game.

2 Likes

I don’t know why you would be. Some people may be spreading FUD out there, but pretty sure any false-positives that end up in suspensions are quickly overturned when an appeal is filed.

It’s kind of nice that Blizzard is being proactive in cleaning up /LookingForGroup and AFKers in BGs. It’d be nice to see the same done for /trade, imo.

1 Like