Everybody jump! XD

TF is with all the jumping on platforms in Zereth Mortis? Why does it always seem devs make a checklist of things players DON’T like about a new zone and manifest all that stuff into the new zone?

Devs: " oh, oh, we can make it so that treasure chest or world quest NPC is positioned so the player either has to run spirals up the mountain to get to the summit again or they fly off into the void… bwaahahahaha " :rofl::clown_face:

9 Likes
7 Likes

i tried one jump puzzle. i fell a few times. i didnt have fun. now i just ride past.

i don’t go petitioning the players trying to get the jumps to stop. I just go on about my stuff.

why do you care if they do it if you don’t like to?

3 Likes

I fail so hard at Mario jumping. LOL

Old Republic had a lot of datacrons like this. Most of which I never got.

Those puzzles are fun! I like them at least, it’s something whimsical and different to do.

They’ll be outmoded in a few weeks anyways when flying comes out. Might as well play with them now.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Jumping puzzles are one of the best parts of gw2, I’d be happy to have a few long obstacle courses in the game for the content diversity but it won’t happen I’m pretty sure (at least until a long long while)

3 Likes

i like when they are cliffclimbing jumps, not tiny ledge jumps. like when the challenge is deciding between jumping or sliding or running at an angle etc.

i don’t like when difficulty is driven by ‘you landed one pixel too short’. i think some jump puzzles re fun but wow’s are not for me.

I remember at the end of a Rift dungeon you could do a jumping puzzle to climb a tall cliff and pull an optional boss. only one person needed to go tag it and then could jump down in the lake and the group could fight the boss.

If there’s one thing that never changes at Blizzard, it’s running a single idea into the ground. Fortunately I can deal with puzzles for treasure, up to a point. Remember when every path from one zone to another in Warlords was a stupid puzzle?

2 Likes

They said the overwhelming majority of players voted for the jumping as it has been fun content in recent expansions.

Well,op,that one in front of the haven is pretty hard to do if your not a warrior,warlock or hunter ,so I didn’t do it and several others ,does it take my game player away,nope,. Found the supplies without doing it,rough but hey I got it done.

I had fun getting the one on the series of orbs next to Haven the real way, by hopping from orb to orb for about 10 minutes on my monk.

I then actually lol’d by taking 20 seconds or so to do it with grappling hook and door of shadows on this guy.

that orb jumping thing right outside haven… holy crap… felt like playing ‘getting over it’… if i wanted to play a game that’d frustrate the hell outta me, i’d play a rage game, not WoW!

…though the more i think about it, a lot of stuff in WoW frustrates me…

2 Likes

I react in the same manner. I’ll attempt it a few times, after that I’m wasting no more. I’ll remember it in the future & auto disregard. Why stress yourself out on hamster running a wheel content? Defiantly not worth it.

Edit: I currently have 5/10 provisions on this quest & I could care less if it stayed that way the entire expac:)

1 Like

Jump Puzzles are AWFUL for WOW. Questing, Storylines, Dungeons… that is Wow.

They started all these Jump Puzzles in Korthia and they have just made them worse in Zereth Mortis. You need those treasures for some of the quests or to advance. So you are stuck playing this awful game of Qbert or DonkeyKong. Give us a toy or something that will let us leap.

3 Likes

They did. There are gloves you get from the intro story quests that give you a ‘door of shadows’-like ability.

Thankfully you can just cheese some of them with the Venthyr thingy or a lock portal.

Theme song of 9.2:

My wife and I only do ZM as Venthyr. It’s annoying but that’s how we cope.

Because flying in the new zone is locked behind getting to a certain number of treasures. Too many of which a flingin’ flangin’ jumping puzzles.