Every healer should have either battle rez or lust

Currently, only monks and priests lack both. It makes getting accepted into a group for Mythic+ almost unbearable.

If you disagree with the title, tell my why. Why should druids, shamans, paladins, and evokers, have access to either lust or brez, but priests and monks are excluded from this?

8 Likes

All FFXIV healers have brez. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In fact the function of their brez is better than WoW’s.

7 Likes

I found out that Mistweavers are just a lesser version of Prevokers. Made me sad.

2 Likes

Priests bring PI. Did you forget this?

Monks are great healers they are just underplayed as a class. Nothing to do with underperforming.

1 Like

I agree that all healers should have brez in instanced content (M+, Raid, and Arena/BG). All classes/specs should have brez removed if it becomes tied to the healer role.

Disagree that all healers should have lust. All tanks should have lust in instanced content. All classes/specs should have lust removed if it becomes tied to the tank role.

4 Likes

The less healers have the better

and mass dispel. so the OP wants priest to be the new healer and then every other healer will be lacking, until someone else inevitably asks for all healers to get mass dispell and pi.

2 Likes

All healers are great healers. This is an irrelevant point. Of those healers, only priests and monks are missing both brez and lust, the most highly sought after attributes for a healer in the mythic plus setting.

PI is also not equivalent to lust, so I don’t know why you even bothered making this point.

Please explain why monks being “great healers” should disqualify them from having either brez or lust.

2 Likes

Congrats for FFXIV.

Oh man. I cant wait to lose the most traditional and iconic shaman ability.

So do I get mass dispell then?

5 Likes

It’s real weird.

This game is like half-homogenized, if that makes sense.

Some classes and specs get Lust, some get Brez, and so on. But it seems kinda arbitrary.

Nothing is truly unique anymore.

Reminder that Death Knights, not even healers, have a Brez as well.

It’s like a certain ability gets divided amongst the classes if it’s good enough, but weirdly not everyone.

2 Likes

The class known for raising others from the dead, gets an ability to raise others from the dead?

Completely arbitrary.

6 Likes

Lorewise, not weird at all.

Gameplay wise, pretty weird. (Very useful, but why a melee dps?)

Give Shaman Brez too!

Why is it weird?

Why is battle rezzing some how tied to healers?

2 Likes

As a death knight i will pass judgement. No Brez for you, boy!

Are drums not available these days?

Irrelevant question. You’re attempting to compare a unique class ability to a homogenized one that multiple classes have and share CDs with each other.

You still never answered my question.

1 Like

I guess historically it’s always been the healer, or a ranged like a Druid or Warlock with Soulstone.

Hunters have had Brez for a while too (Quilens, Moths, and Cranes) but I keep forgetting since I never really use it myself, as it’s rarely even needed.

I guess I just forget they exist, same deal with Paladins having it.

Why give Brez to some dps classes instead of all healers, I guess? They can certainly use it more than a random dps. Or, just everyone for that matter.

Because they’re not exclusive…

Having a priest and someone to bring lust is even better. Priest already has a reason to be brought.

Priest actually feels better than it has ever felt before in M+ for me. Mass Dispel, Stam buff, Dominate Mind to cheese mechanics (Vortex Pinnacle healers!), and Power Infusion.

I do think it’s a little annoying that buffs and brez take such precedence. However, we can at least craft a brez if we really want it. I think as long as the brez is accessible like that, the disparity isn’t too terrible, especially since Bursting makes Priest king still.

I posted ages ago tanks should have lust as they know when they want it and heals should have brez

But ppl are all like i wanna be a unique snowflake and nothings changed

Well we got lightforge warlocks now soooooo yea