Every DR Table Might be Wrong! Blue Please!

So after testing, retesting and having others test. The DR tables are completely wrong not just for Warriors but perhaps every class. The source info for patches and how Stun DR was implemented here

wow.gamepedia.com/Diminishing_returns

I have a thread on warrior charge which has it’s own Stun table actually DRing every other stun which wasn’t added until patch 4.06

However ALL PROC stuns are incorrectly having DR for any Class/Spec that utilizes them.

Edit - I would like to also add that how the stuns function is also wrong, many are experiencing delays where the stun happens but the mob/player can actually attack after the stun and even run away before it lands. This isn’t spell batching.

Currently Mace stun, Revenge stun, Blackout stun etc… etc…are having diminishing effects!! If you get the lucky RNG of back to back stuns they will DR and that isn’t how it works. Proc stuns are full duration stuns. If you get a 3 sec Proc the next Proc needs to be 3 secs! This is how it works since they are considered Proc’s!!!

In Patch 1.9 ( 1-03-2006) The Stun effect’s duration no longer diminishes or is diminished by controlled stun abilities and spells. for the following abilities.

• Improved starfire
  • Improved concussive shot
  • Impact
  • Seal of justice
  • Blackout
  • Mace specialization
  • Pyroclasm
  • Improved Revenge

So this 1.12 client is just beyond bugged and completely wrong on how most talents actually function. I just don’t get it :cold_sweat::thinking::sob:

18 Likes

My soul hurts as there is just to much wrong to even list at this point. I wish I was in Beta and it was for longer.

6 Likes

So, you say changes come in patch 1.09 correct? This may be game version 1.13, however, I’m fairly certain that the game is currently emulating a much lower patch version to be matched with phase 1 of vanilla content. As stated, you were warned by Blizzard that the phase would follow the original Vanilla content and patches which includes any bugs or prior changes.

Blizzard said that it would be in patch 1.12 for the entirety.

7 Likes

Bingo and it isn’t!!!

Correct those DR changes were implemented before 1.12 and so now in 1.12 they should be functioning that way for the entirety of Classic.

Right it should function as it was in 1.12. It isn’t. Nothing is working like 1.12 not sure if you are actually following.

Unfortunately the Legion client has messed up how most things should function in 1.12.

5 Likes

Hmmm. I’ll have to do some research on the client is supposed to be running 1.12 for all of classic. The media and messages from Blizzard give the illusion that they were matching bugs and changes with the patches in relation to phases.

In this regard you could argue that the boss debuff limit does not match what it should for patch 1.12. But of course, we know they are basing it off a much earlier patch before the change.

Yea that is what they are saying, but it wasn’t tested enough and some major bugs got through. This is also why I believe there was a Demo shout bug generating way to much threat.

So many abilities aren’t functioning as they should in 1.12. Things like DR tables, mechanics, threat and now the Buffs being capped and randomly falling off etc aren’t working right.

I played a warrior a long time have mained one through ALL the expansions and can tell you I wouldn’t of if this is how they functioned. These DR tables were maintained for a very long time through TBC/Wotlk and some into Cata.

They just have to set all these variable correctly. Looks like Blizzard has a lot of work to do.

2 Likes

Yea the Legion Client is CLEARLY messing up the interaction of abilities on 1.12 and it is likely that every abilities, buff and everything needs to be re coded. The Buff cap functioning wrong and things like a bandage or flurry removing them is ridiculous. Imagine losing a World Buff cause you bandaged in a Raid.

When was the last time a Blue commented in here? Just to let us know everything is being looked at and being worked on? How can so much be so wrong?

4 Likes

Yes it is. Proc stuns are on their own DR, separate from controlled stuns. However, proc stuns still DR with other proc stuns.

You can even see in this version of the article from October 2006.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Diminishing_returns&oldid=305237

Proc stun effects are noted to Diminish.

Their beta test should have caught most of this stuff, especially ESPECIALLY the experience exploits and layering dungeons. Blizzard released a turd. And i too have noticed that DR is not working correctly on many abilities but it’s expected with what they released [a buggy turd].

3 Likes

I don’t see the Oct 6th part where it says that. Only thing I see is from Jan 2006.

Yea kinda messed everything up and the leveling experience. Which is a pretty big deal. If the abilities worked right I wouldn’t of respecced once already. The Meta that happened should of never happened.

2 Likes

Yes, the post linked by OP specifically says “procs are not diminished by controlled”. Procs are still diminished by procs.

Hmmmm It says - The Stun effect’s duration no longer diminishes

Now to me that means that the Stun effects duration actually no longer diminish

Are you interpreting that differently? Sorry I remember Revenge stunning a target for 3 secs and then again for 3 secs.

2 Likes

I seem to recall mace spec DR’ing with itself. I used the unstoppable force mace from AV for the entirety of my R14 grind. However, I can’t remember if that was before or after patch 1.9. So my memory may not be accurate for the later stages of vanilla. I switched to sword spec once I got the GM claymore and never went back to maces.

Edit: I looked at the patch notes for 1.9 on a different site and it has this to say:

“Mace Specialization - The stun effect’s duration no longer diminishes or is diminished by controlled stun abilities and spells (e.g. Cheap Shot, Hammer of Justice, Charge etc…).”

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.9.0

This makes it sound like proc stuns should still DR with themselves, so mace stun should DR itself, but not suffer DR from things like kidney shot.

Hopefully blizz will take a look into it.

2 Likes

Procs dont interact with controlled abilities. But procs DR procs and controlled abilities DR controlled abilities.

2 Likes

Definitely as no matter what there is definitely some wrong tables. I am trying to research as well to be specific.

Right I was reading the same thing but looking at the first part of stun effects no longer diminish. Then treating the 2nd part of that sentence as they also don’t diminish with controlled stuns.

Now what led me too all this is - I was super excited about making a Prot stun build which I play in PvP and always mained Prot in PvP. Then when I got Concussion blow and found that Charge was putting my 5 sec stun on DR I was incredibly sad. Then tested that it puts team mates on the same DR. So the build I normally would play doesn’t work and I had to Respec.

Obviously over the patches and expansions I played as well as you did these Stun DR changes a few times but held true for a few expansions. One of the reason I loved Prot PvP even into Cata as it maintained Charge off the Stun DR. I did lose revenge stun though.

Also on the topic of revenge stun I remember how broken it was and why Blizzard decided to remove it from the game because Prot eventually became such a huge avoidance Tank being Unhittable which always procced Revenge thus allowing you to always have a chance to stun melee repeatedly.

Long story short with the Recent Blue post and Auras, and Buff limit not working correctly along with some talents I am positive the majority of these DR tables are also working incorrectly and need a deeper look.

1 Like

Question so do you remember if Blackout stun would DR to immune? What is the reset timer on Proc stuns if they did DR?

I believe what it means is that the mace stun effect does not diminish controlled stuns and is not diminished by control stuns, so it’s just saying that proc stuns and controlled stuns don’t DR eachother, but still DR with themselves. This does line up with my memory. I remember I specifically hated mace spec because it was the only weapon spec that got worse the more it procced. Axes always got 5% crit and swords always had 5% to gain an extra attack.

Afraid I don’t have insight on the things like conc blow and charge stun DR’ing each other. Never played prot myself so I have no idea on that. But yeah, wouldn’t hurt for blizz to take a look into it and double check themselves.

1 Like

Indeed hopefully they will it at least feels good to see a Blue post now in the Bug forums. Yea I have played Prot PvP for almost 14 years and yes it’s changed a lot with how CC changed. So I was excited to go back to the early days of being a Chain CC stun machine which where I am at has me disappointed. It’s really not even playable like this. Before I respecced I actually stopped using Charge all together because I didn’t want to DR my stuns. The stuns are too important.

You might be right but the question is in what patch? I also was gonna test a Mace stun/ Revenge stun spec but if Revenge stun can DR to immune alone then why even take Mace stun. I don’t know. Just doesn’t seem right. In that build no one ever talked of DR being a problem that I remember.

Guess we will have to see but dam they need to fix the Charge stun. Why would I charge a target and ruin my 5 sec stun or ruin someone else’s stun. That is why it wasn’t on the DR table for several expansions.

You’re reading the sentence wrong then. The way you should be reading it is “Proc stuns no longer diminish controlled stuns, and are no longer diminished by controlled stuns.” The sentence however does not state that proc stuns don’t diminish with each other, and it is grammatically incorrect to read it that way.

Proc stuns should DR with proc stuns. Changing this would be changing Vanilla, which we do not want.