Mobs able to attack after being stunned

Due to what I assume is “spell batching” there are often situations where 1-2 seconds after I’ve stunned a mob they are still able to cast or attack and cause damage or debuffs to me or to other players.

This is especially frustrating and unjustifiable as a Rogue when I open with Cheap Shot on a non-aggressive mob but somehow in the time before the stun is applied they are able to debuff or stun me.

Often I will Kidney Shot or Gouge a mob and start bandaging (very common rogue tactic) only to immediately have the bandage broken by the mobs “batched” attack even though they have the stun debuff applied and their model is in the “stunned” animation.

Stuns are supposed to be instant cast abilities. If I can’t rely on my stuns to mitigate damage and control mobs then this is a fundamental nerf to the Rogue class.

4 Likes

+1 and not just stuns.

Leveling an alt Mage there’s nothing like a sheep chucking a fireball at you after they’ve been sheeped for a few seconds.

Lots of stuff is messed up in this game.

1 Like

same way leeway works kids, if you add a delay to something. it can happen outside the normal box.

This entirely depends on the ability. We know in Vanilla not all abilities were executed through the batching system. Many were outside the batch.

I remember always waiting until the tail end of a target cast to toss up a CS or SL to interrupt to see if the juke was coming and the counter was always instant and not in a batch.

Blizz even talked about this.

You got anything else to add?

2 Likes

Yeah but it was on the order of about 0.2 seconds in vanilla or there abouts a quarter of a second or less. In classic it seems like it’s 1 second or more sometimes. Mob gets stunned, 1 second later i get hit, that type of thing. It’s too slow. Batching in vanilla wasn’t that slow. So while i agree the batching should be there, I also agree something is wrong with it.

A further bug I’ve noticed that seems related to this is if you try to open on an enemy with an ability that turns on auto-attack sometimes the auto-attack white damage will occur BEFORE the instant ability, which should be impossible if you are entering into combat with an instant ability.

For instance: As a Rogue try opening on a few random rats or other critters with Ambush. Often you will kill them with a white swing before Ambush is cast and the Ambush will not even occur in the combat log.

Things are happening in the wrong order for sure. When I’m using succubus on my warlock, many times attacking from invisibility will cause the mob to evade and take no damage as if it still sees her as invisible even after she’s attacked and un-stealthed.

I mentioned this in my Every DR might be wrong thread! Currently the issue isn’t spell batching as these stuns are going off 1-2 secs late. When I revenge stun a target it can hit me then turn and start to run away then the stun goes off. That isn’t batching. This Legion client is causing a lot of issues.

Here is that DR thread if you have any reports of stun not on the correct table etc… Every DR Table Might be Wrong! Blue Please!