Even mega servers are dead on 1-60 leveling content

I’m glad we’re discussing definitions instead of critical points surrounding wow because we both know you have absolutely nothing of value to add to that conversation.

This guy thinks getting 4 bars of exp instead of 3 bars of exp is breaking SoM and making it retail. It’s crazy for me to consider 3 bars to 4 bars of exp as “negligible.”

You should be put on mass ignore considering how irrelevant the points you make are. It’s just idiotic. Words in a post just to post even though you have nothing to actually say.

Retail is just something you say to mask your ignorance.

1 Like

Retail is bad. Retail features destroyed what could of had huge potential if blizzard didn’t sell out and start designing the game around the most common denominator to attract the largest playerbase and maximize profit. Without old school playerbase getting wow off the ground in vanilla, wow never would of became what it did.

What ignorance am I withholding?

You ignore the changes that have transpired through each expansion. Just because I may like something from something that came after vanilla automatically groups me as a retail.

You ignore the fact that despite those features existing in retail, I’m over here playing BC.
Why did I quit in WoD, only to come back for classic, and not return to retail?

You ignore the fact that those game ruining features in retail you mentioned, don’t need to be in place at all to ruin this game. A good job of that is being done all on its own without them.

It means you can easily skip 25% of the leveling content as you rush to 60. Would you consider it negligible if along with that exp boost they also removed 25% of the quests and 25% of the zones because they’re not needed now to get to 60? /shrug You want to rush to the end game. Lots of people like that too. But it is what retail is all about and it’s one of the main reasons I quit retail.

This whimsical looking paragraph is trash.

Vanilla has been around. Forever. Since 2004. It’s never stopped. It still gets played now. With enough people to create an in game economy and 40 man raids. On multiple different servers that were never easy to just find, trust, install, and play on. That’s because there’s zero retail in it, and instead it’s values are old school MMORPG.

Retail is very bad. That’s why classic tbc died in 3 months. That’s why retail players get bored in 30 days with a new expansion. It’s all gimmicks to attract the lowest common denominator.

You are retail as F if you played WoD. It’s singlehandedly the most Facebook gamey of all the expansions. The fact you played it at all means you’re retail.

You can redeem yourself, sure, but your stench of retail is all over you.

There’s not enough quests to simply quest all your exp from 1-60. If you did every single quest it’s still negligible because the bulk of leveling in vanilla comes from grinding mobs to gain exp. Specifically because there isn’t enough quests to manufacture 1-60.

You’re over the top with how dense you are. Like just full blown no brains just two hands yet somehow no one is at the wheel.

I get why you the like vanilla-like environment. It caters to your hardcore needs which is why you prefer classic/SoM.

What I don’t get is why you can’t stand that someone may like future versions of the game.

1 Like

Y’know what woulda been handy during Classic Classic? Guild banks.

85 iQuotient midwit: "OMFG Y DONT U JUST PLAY RETAIL HUH HUH Y DONT U JUST PLAY RETAIL IF U WANT RETAIL FEATURES"

1 Like

You can like whatever you want.

Keep retail in retail.

I’m in this thread because I commented on the funny connection faintly beginning to become drawn here from tbc players to their roots in retail. An unveiling of the mask.

I have a reason to hate on retail players because they destroyed what was something great. Before private servers got good, before classic servers existed in 2019, we were here on these forums begging for vanilla servers and retail players loved to say how bad vanilla was and that retail is great. There was a big huge copy/paste called the Wall of No, that retail players would paste to reply to anyone who expressed interest of vanilla servers.

Retail vs vanilla has always been a thing. Retail players don’t belong here. They should be playing Nintendo or mobile games on their phones.

You can just make an alt and people mail stuff to the guild bank alt?

Or you know, you could go back to retail

hahahahaha sure sure /s

You’re wrong again. Did you really actually play vanilla? I didn’t do any grinding of mobs for exp on this character because I leveled her holy and grinding and farming is a pain with a holy spec. All I did was quest to 60 in classic just as I did with my holy priest in original. There are more than enough quests to level to 60 without doing any additional farming or grinding.

So let’s get this straight

You didn’t grind to 60 on your priest because you claim grinding mobs as holy spec is too difficult or time demanding?

Then you go on to say you didn’t grind at all, you just quested your entirety of 1-60.

That’s pretty dang believable, you got me man.

Because, there’s no grinding involved in the quests right? There’s no grinding a dungeon to complete the dungeon portion of quests right? Everything you did in game required zero grinding, you only got the exact amount of quest items needed with 100% successful drop rate. Because otherwise that would fall in grinding territory and you’re holy spec so there’s just no way, so obviously you never grinded and quests didn’t require you to grind for quest items.

The problem with that is that it’s so ambiguous and abstract that it can mean many different things to different people. You are trying to impose your objective definition of retail as a blanket-all for anything that doesn’t suit you.

No we didn’t. they did. They overrode vanilla with BC without any care to preserving the original WoW. I felt the same way when they did me with Cata in my precious Lich King.
Thats not on me or you. Thats on the company dragging us through their business model.
In hindsight, they did 15 years later what they should have done Pre-BC patch(2006).

I was on your side of that wall, but not for the same reasons you were. Once again you threw me under the retail bus even though I was on your side to bringing back classic.

What exactly do you think a retail player is going to have the power to do? I don’t see LFD or DS making it to BC anytime soon. They just created a watered down version of classic for you to enjoy. It’s not me that is getting anything desirable.

+1

I appreciate your post extending the olive branch.

I can agree with everything you said but it’s not convenient. I villainize retail players because if they didn’t exist blizzard wouldn’t have marketed the game towards them. It’s 100% blizzards fault, yes. The players they brought are insufferable to me and I have no problem talking back and forth about the game is what it ultimately boils down to.

Retail players don’t like vanilla or Everquest. Old school players don’t like retail. It’s all good. Except for the fact that retail wow has completely destroyed the genre, transcended just the game.

1 Like

My priest never killed any mob that I didn’t have to to complete the quest. I never farmed to get items for my professions. If I needed cloth for tailoring I did it on my hunter and mailed it to my priest.

You can level to 60 just doing quests.

Well I’m no longer returning to classic or SoM so you don’t ever have to worry about me again.

I’ve said this and was told to return to retail.
So the players want this game to die.

They can’t get retail right I don’t think cross realms will make it in.