EULA CHANGES RUMORS - Have your say - Source in Original post now

I am a little confused why you think boosting communities would need to loan the guilds in the race to world first anything, These guys boost mythic raid for upto and exceeding gold 3 caps every single week. they don’t need communities peasant gold :smiley:

I’m confused why you think they don’t, considering they have for some time now. https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/04/01/complexity-limit-raced-pay-off-debts-world-first-race/

I mean… that was then, this is now right? : Now their warchests should be overflowing, do the math 3 gold caps a week for even 3 months. - That’s not including all their other incomes for gold like coaching and pvp boosting etc

120mill a month, 360mill

Let people boost or be boosted if they want, and remove tokens. This is the way things should be.

Tokens have been so incredibly bad for the health of the game it’s a wonder they’re still in.

1 Like

https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/07/27/look-much-gold-top-guilds-spent-sanctum-domination-race-world-first/ Doesn’t talk about how much is loaned or ‘debts’ this time around but I’m pretty sure they’re still there. I think you’re doing the math incorrectly with it honestly on how much they make given the look at how much they spent.

1 Like

I guess you are right -

Regardless, lets hope this is all a hoax

So you’ve never heard of nor seen ads for real money carries? These are the transactions the changes will apply to. The token sales will only increase.

meh… can’t seem to care as it doesn’t affect me. I doubt it will change anything in the long run. Boosts and Carries from third-parties will just go underground again.

Wonder why that’s the terminology Blizz opted for when they updated the EULA today then…

I saw that.

It makes no sense.

Except for the part where these communities call themselves that because they started out as services that boosted/leveled up characters to max by playing your character thru the levels for you. And FYI, they still do boost up/level characters for people, just in a different way.

Well I owe you an apology… never really thought Blizzard would do it, but they did.

1 Like

Well, the leak was true.
Stonemelder, grats on breaking the news first :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I appreciate everyone who took the time to message me or replied with some acknowledgement of the changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disagree here m8, the word boosting was used for what is used mostly today even before Blizzard put the “level up boost” in the shop.

Nope.

Communities that call themselves Boosting Communities do so because once upon a time the main service they offered was boosting/leveling up characters to max by, with your permission and help, accessing your account and playing your character thru the levels for you (against the ToS and with a serious security risk to your account) not carries.

This was HUGE problem in Cata because the ‘service’ would often take the players RL money and take their account.

I member people selling “boost” of ICC dungeons back in Woltk, wasn’t uncommon to see the word boost attached to instances sales.

1 Like

The term Boosting in Blizzard Games existed long before WoW. Diablo 2 users used the term to mean both leveling a character through a ladder season, or running a max level character though specific encounters for drops like The Stone of Jordan.