EU Forums are apparently melting down

I think the problem is the lack of “Hard” games. There aren’t any “Gamers” games out there. What draws people to a game is it’s difficulty, popularity and beating a challenge. If a game is easy there is no point. Think games with an infinite skill cap grab real gamers. Think there are more real gamers out there today just they are bored and play what is available.

Guess time will tell.

I remain optimistic to thinking on the absolute low end we launch with 3 million subs and grow from there. Think future MMO’s will be modeled after Classic and will inspire other gaming companies to make great games.

All it took was GGG to make PoE which is considered by many as the sequel to Diablo 2. They listened to the players and made a better game.

So after Classic hope we get huge MMO’s again from it’s success and we can forget the evil road retail took forever.

1 Like

And those gamers who aren’t gaming, aren’t going to jump onto the WoW bandwagon because they’ve given up gaming.

Like I said, there may be growth after the initial wave, but it’ll be slow, and they can add servers as they grow, like they did.

Looks like I will have to do a lot of investigative work to identify the realms by language before I roll on one myself.

Getting stuck with non English speaking population would be a nightmare it seems.

Think my graph looks like this

Launch 3-6 million subs
Start of 2020 10 mil subs
Mid-Late 2020 15 mil + subs

That is my prediction and sticking to it.

Feel free to bookmark it and if I am wrong forever refer to this post to blast me in future threads :wink:

2 Likes

Oof, that is a bit of a firestorm over there. It doesn’t help with the stress test either.

Not gonna pretend to understand the language thing,but I can understand wanting to play with your own language.

Sure. The people provisioning servers think your prediction is a joke and have described their prediction (which I happen to think is right).

Europe in itself is not like the USA.
Our cultures and languages are vastly different from each other if you guys think that the differences between California and the bible belt for example are big I say you haven’t seen anything yet.

Europe is a pile of nationalities that tend to have vastly more differences than similarities when compared to each other. It’s not some paradise where everyone thinks alike and everything is glorious and happy actually pretty far from it.
There is 24 spoken languages in the EU imagine that for a while…then imagine if the US was the same, crossing a state line and finding out they don’t speak the same language.

The Classic EU populations either get their own designated servers by language at least the big ones like German and French or the players will organize and do it manually this is a fact.

5 Likes

It is.

I made a big mistake a very long time ago, where i didn’t do enough research on the realm i put my character on. I went there to raid with a guild, only to find out that the realm was an unofficial non-english realm, and not even one i could deal with with my german-english-swedish skills as it seemed to be bulgarian or something.

Felt very wrong to see the trade chat be spammed in a language you can’t understand at all, and many guilds using that same language on what was supposed to be an english realm.
If this goes through, i will also definitely keep a very close eye on which reams will end up to be different languages again, cause playing on one of these feels unplayable, even more so in Classic.

3 Likes

There is a hunger out there. People are starving for real, challenging games. Just look no further than the success of the Dark Souls games. And then add to that the strong community aspect of Classic. It’s going to be a huge success, IMO.

If Blizzard doesn’t make the next big MMO for that market, someone else will. Classic is about to turn a lot of heads in the game development world.

2 Likes

hyperbole.

The Five Good Emperors would be a good choice. (Three sir).

2 Likes

To be fair the EU is justified.

I have enough troubles translating the queens english into a americanised version so people can understand me.

Let it rip Thundathys, let it rip!!

I watch so much British comedy and panel shows It won’t bother me at all.

Unless you pronounce H as haitch. . Then we might have problems :wink:

1 Like

Irish person here. I will be returning to US servers for Classic because besides English the only language I have basic understanding of is Gaelic, and you can imagine how useful that is.

Don’t be surprised if you find an east coast US server full of us Irish and Brits.

2 Likes

if everybody speak english? which is the most common secondary language in the world? no problem at all.

P.S. I’m a french canadian. 80% of my work and my hobbies are done in english. couldn’t care less.

the ironic part is many european will brag about being fluent in 3 or 4 language, while american rarely speak more than one…

but ask them to play on an english server? all hell break loose.

Hey!!

I speak English, Javascript, C#, HTML, SASS, VueJS, NUXT, . .

Well, it all seriousness. A little Spanish. . mostly bad words I heard around me growing up in central Cali

sucks to be them lol

And here i was thinking prejudice and speaking only one language was just a US problem. Lol they are in for some fun.

You see it. I am from Germany and I leveled up a character to com to this forum. Its unbelievable what is going on rightnow in the german and french forums.

One of the leading cores of an authentic Classic WoW is destroyed with this decision. There are so many problems and language barriers. They talking about creating german private Servers.

These Servers will not work! We seriously need national Servers. I hope Blizzard will hear their Community.

(sorry if my english is bad)

8 Likes