Eternal Palace-first women dominated raid

It’s pretty much, if you go looking for something, you are going to find it. Most people probably don’t give such a thing a second though.

Do you think more named female characters need to die? Looking at the list of NPCs for the Horde and Alliance, seems like only males are getting killed.

If it is a female boss I just assume in is a guy in real life.

… okay? So? Gender politics has never been a thing in WoW, why are you making it a thing now? This has the same impact as “Sylvanas was the first female Warchief,” when the Warchief position has never been discriminatory in the first place.

4 Likes

Right now putting female characters is a simple solution for the writers, and the marketing department. If you put a girl you can’t be wrong because of this:

• Young male players love waifus.
  • Female players feels represented.
  • Blizzard makes smile to the progresist agenda. Like most entertrainment companies are doing nowadays.

The Naga culture is a matriarchy, (actually I think the proper designation is Azsharaarchy) and females command the bulk of magical power so it makes sense.

1 Like

I look forwards to Anduin marrying Calia “Lightzombie” Menethil and then immediately dying, leaving the Alliance to be led by her.

It’s Her Turn.

1 Like

Out of the 4 end of raid bosses so far in BFA, it is equal between males and females.

G’huun and Uu’nat are males
Jaina and Azshara are females.

Are you saying Uu’nat is a female? O.o

And most of the end of dungeon bosses so far in BFA are males. Only Atal’Dazar, Temple of Sethraliss and Siege of Boralus (The WQ where you push back Viq’goth has the NPC’s refer to the Kraken using female pronouns) have female end bosses. And one of them (Temple), you actually help the boss defeat waves of enemies, much like Dreamwalker in ICC.

That said, anyone else notice that the two female end of raid bosses escaped? They also happen to be the final boss in the even raids.

So based on this pattern, the final boss of the next raid will be a male and they will die.

Jaina is called the Lord Admiral. Her mother had the title after the events of WC3

Lord Admiral is a title that just means leader of the Kul Tiran fleet. Everywhere else, including her encounter in BoD, she is referred to as “Lady Jaina Proudmoore”

1 Like

Now there should totally be a raid “boss” that is just a basic treasure chest and the players have to hit it mindlessly for 10 minutes straight before it breaks open.

1 Like

At the current state of the Kul Tiran fleet, it needs to be inspected with a glass bottomed boat.

So spoils of Pandaria then?

Or LFR vari?

Is this weird thread day?

1 Like

Moira’s entire arch was has daddy dearest would not treat her as an heir because she was a woman. The female guards of Ogrimmar use to say Thrall had to declare men and women equal. Gender politics has had a hand in WoW story.

And I never said it did make sense. If anything it was something I always expected.

That was my mistake and I forgot that raid existed. Even at a 50-50 split that would still be a first for WoW.

You assume it wont be Sylvanas and she wont pull a Garrosh.

I would say Blizzard always wanted to slowly go the route of making more female characters relevant. Blizzcon had an entire panel just about female voice actors last year.

1 Like

Nah it’s just Zerde

It is saturday where I am at, that doesnt change the fact these are valid observations.

Who know, maybe that should be the next thing to happen. Majority dungeon of the next expac having female bosses/maybe have the majority of dungeons end bosses be female. I mean, as the other poster said, if bosses really could be replaced with a treasure chest, then it shouldn’t make a difference if that was the case.

Does it really mater what gender the end bosses of dungeons or raids are though?

I don’t mind the focus being on female characters so much as how they are so poorly written.

I mean Aszhara was a compelling villain when written by Richard A. Knaak. They were the first novels written of WOW and he built that character up to be compelling. I feel the current writers introduced her in one patch and without much interaction killed her off again making her some chump of the Old gods.

Jaina’s Flip flopping has ruined the charcter. Talanji just being stupid for working with Zul. Sylvanas villian batting.

1 Like

End bosses of raid/dungeons are some of the most powerful, brilliant, interesting and generally evil characters in WoW. So why cant women be just as likely to be final end game bosses. I mean, if gender doesnt matter then why not add more female bosses. As oppose to raid/dungeons generally having female bosses as exceptions.

SIgh.

Crawls back into the refrigerator.

2 Likes