EST PvP Server for English Speaking Non-Streamer Fans

So I am at a loss here. I’ve had conversations in multiple Discords trying to determine what server my group of friends would be happiest on. We are trying to land on an English speaking, East Coast, PvP Server without major streamers and that seems to be completely impossible at this point.

From what we are seeing the only server major streamers are staying away from is Thalnos. That was originally our planned home. Unfortunately, Blizzard neglected to create servers for South American players and the entire Brazilian classic WoW population has declared they are going to Thalnos to avoid streamers as well. Nothing against Brazilians, or other Latin Americans, but my friends and I don’t speak Portuguese or Spanish. So a server where a large percentage of the population does is going to be a detriment to us.

Frankly I am left considering which PST server EST players should attempt to take over if they want a PvP server that is free of streamers and English speaking. I have heard others say they will just roll on the RP-PvP server despite little desire to RP. Neither of these solutions is fair to the players these servers were intended for. Of course the current state of EST PvP servers is absolutely unfair to those players. I really hope Blizzard intends to resolve this problem in some way. Either add more EST PvP servers, create South American servers (one PvP, one PvE), or designate one or more EST PvP servers as English Speaking and Streamer free.

18 Likes

Our guild is facing the same problem. This really sucks.

3 Likes

Our guild is also going through the same thing right now. We are hoping we can maybe get Faerlina

5 Likes

We’re at as loss as well. Ive been bouncin’ all over the place trying to gather as much information as I can about the current situation and all i can say is we either need another EST server or two. Or even better some servers for BR/LA so less informed english speakers dont waste time rolling on servers they cant play on due to communication issues.

3 Likes

if you go west coast you run the risk of getting the Chinese on your server, and there will be no predicting them at all.

Hi, maybe I can help everyone out. I really care about the health of the server my and my group go to in classic. what started out with just my friends turned into a community of 2000+ players from both factions. We are all planning to avoid streamers, and find the best place to play.
https://discord.gg/E78kr4u is my group discord

I am also curating a list of streamers on these WoW forums for people to use to avoid or follow streamers. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/steamer-list-help-track-them-to-avoid-them-did-i-miss-any-big-ones/246883

I am thinking the best way to avoid the streamers is to declare our server, and let the streamers know we don’t want them here.

you cna join my discord and add to the health of our prelaunch server group, and piggy back on my hard work to avoid the streamers

2 Likes

Hey my circle of friends is getting an exploding interest in WoW Classic so big we flooded my friends discord and had to just make our own channel. Finally after much gathering we decided on what faction and server type, but we just saw info on the servers. I’m out of the loop here, what’s going on with joining a streamer server why would that be bad? We were thinking of Whitemane (PVP)

They need to suck it up and make a damn LA server for them. No one wants to play with that community. No one likes doing LFG with them and surely no one wants to waste 1-3 weeks leveling and not being able to find an english speaking party to do things with.

5 Likes

the problem is that, for example, if you choose to go horde and play on the same server as asmongold, esfand, or staysafe then the alliance is going to be overpopulated and be impossible to play as a horde player. Same goes for alliance if you play on a server with say Sonii and Sodapoppin. And another thing is these streaamers will probably do some crazy world events where they gather a bunch of people together in one area for views and that suck if your on the opposite faction.

Same problem here. Enthusiasm tanked so hard last night.

1 Like

Where is everyone getting the information as Thalnos being the “un-official” Latin American server?

More importantly the question is why is it a hysteria situation? This is just group think at it’s worse, much like how people reacted to melee leeway. 85% of these EST PVP servers will be every day English speaking.

1 Like

Bumping this. We need an advocate to continually pursue an answer. My guild is also in a rut because we want to avoid the BR/Latin (for language barriers and ping issues) and the “large streamers (for obvious reasons.) And we cant come to a resolution.

Personally I could care less about the servers name, I just want the composition to be just. If a blue post could be like the below, I think it would solve all of our headaches, because I don’t want my classic experience that I’ve been waiting 10+ years for to be diminished by unwelcome or toxic circumstances. (No I don’t want a “safe space server” I just want to have fun in classic and I’m advocating for my guilds sake.)

Blue Post:
“With the turmoil that’s been happening since we released server names, we offer a temporary solution.
Server 1: Recommended for large personalities or people with a large following.
Server 2: Recommended for South American/Latin players.
Server 3: Recommended for NA players.”

Or just add South American servers if possible. That’s my soapbox :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Blizzard has too few servers for whatever reason. It’s like they’re expecting 30k ppl to play.

5 Likes

Is this an actual blue post?

Reddit survey with raw data feed giving live updates.

Idk I feel like we’d have better success demanding that streamers pick one server.

1 Like

Hey guys, what’s up? I’m from Brazil and i’m going to tell what’s happening.
One Wow Youtuber made a Survey to decide which server brazilians will play. The winner was Thalnos.
There were some Guild leaders who communicate between themselves and chose Thalnos too, they claim have 3000 players .
I don’t know which server LATAM community will play.
Don’t worry about us in Thalnos, most of us can communicate well in english, and you guys will be the vast majority of server without doubt.
See you in Azeroth!

8 Likes

This is what the freak out is all about ???
https://www.strawpoll.me/18451127/r
1,166 votes from Brazil players majority choosing Thalnos

Come on 1166 palyers is causing a hysteria. I should say I’m surprised but I’m not.

1 Like

Faerlina should be fine.

No I’m sorry, it was more a suggestion for Blizzard to put out something like that to ensure our peace of mind. Sorry for the confusion.