Essences... really ruining the game for a lot of people

I love the essences them selfs, they give a lot of specs something they were before lacking. And even collecting essences was fun… 1st time around.

Now every once in a while I get the urge to play my alts, maybe start raiding with an alt or do M+

But when I log on and see bunch of greyd out essences and few green ones and the daunting task of collecting them all over again. I just log right out.

Having nerfed some of the requirements in 8.3 is not enough. Essences from 8.2 should all be account wide come 8.3

Gear resets every patch so why wouldnt the essences be?

41 Likes

I just gave up trying. I did 2 weeks of mecha on my alt then saw 4 kills for rank 3 vop. My main is 441 not into mythic so im done. No fun grinding just to struggle getting groups on a new toon 4 to 6 weeks from now.

10 Likes

I renewed to do Anniversary stuff then I’m leaving again.

Unless they make them account wide, I won’t be back. If I somehow still have interest in the game when Shadowlands drops, I’ll come back for Shadowlands. But almost a year is a long time to be without a game and still have interest.

@Warcraftdevs is literally bombarded with hundreds of tweets a day about account-wide essences with hundreds of likes on those tweets, but they just ignore them.

The changes to the Mechagon/Nazjatar essence is nice for new players, but it does nothing for alts.

This is all made worse by the fact they expect us to unlock and level Vulpera, Mechagnomes, and Allied Race Death Knights in 8.3, then grind Essences out on THOSE TOONS too.

16 Likes

GD definitely, desperate needed this thread again.

4 Likes

That glue is really taking a beating.

I haven’t bothered on my alts as well. I don’t see the point. The only thing I’ve been doing on retail is leveling up all the alts to 120 via AV. Then I go play classic.

4 Likes

Good, the more threads the better because it shows there is an issue no matter how certain people love to deny certain problems existing.

23 Likes

While he’s denying the problem, he’s here on the forum, not playing the game. Tells you everything you need to know.

1 Like

Or maybe they were doing like me, on a flightpath and alt-tabbed to the forum.

9 Likes

Because alts are not mains. if you want the same progression as your main you should have to put in the same amount of time

9 Likes

If it wasn’t so difficult to accomplish, perhaps people would put in the time. But, it really isn’t worth it at this point in the game. I’m only leveling up all the alts to 120 so I can be prepared should 9.0 ends up being alt friendly.

3 Likes

Except the game now requires an absurd amount of time to be /viable/, whereas before all you needed to do was a few raids in the past to catch up.

Not viable.

9 Likes

Depends what you consider viable for an alt.

1 Like

I don’t think collecting the essences is necessarily hard, just time consuming. You get them from just playing different parts of the game, if the idea of earning them on an alt makes you log off, maybe you just don’t like that alt that much?

Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Imagine if pathfinder was character specific… it’s a grind related to a specific expac essences should have some sort of account bound action done to them.

4 Likes

Yup. I barely touch my 120s these days. I’m not doing that grind over and over.

4 Likes

I gave up what I have is what i have. I can’t get into groups anyways to get the EP essences so why bother. It’s such circular cycle of failure I just can’t do.

6 Likes

This is the biggest problem with them. Specs are incomplete and entire classes feel unfinished without them. Then they lock them behind silly rep grinds…

Gotta keep that drip feed subscription bait going I guess.

4 Likes

Only ruining if you obsess over them. To be honest, I hardly notice them and couldn’t care less if I found another.

2 Likes

Yeah i agree not sure why people think just because you use the forums means your not playing the game it only takes secs to type most of the time 99% of the time im playing WoW BFA and just typeing while on flight path.

1 Like