Essences... really ruining the game for a lot of people

If the classes had full toolsets and felt remotely complete without them I would agree as well. Between the GCD locking and the prune down to 2-3 button specs, another ability to activate makes a difference in entire classes not feeling like clunky garbage.

3 Likes

This is just false; you don’t need rank 3 BIS essences to be viable. GD has such a distorted view of reality it’s insane; even crazier is the fact that GD doesn’t realize that nor that it’s in no way representative of the WoW player base as a whole.

4 Likes

Parallel means of character progression to gearing and leveling/talents was never fun. Legion only became bearable after they made the AP grind more flexible, and even then, there was the Concordance of the Legionfail.

Account wide essences would heavy devalue the time people have taken to farm then on alts. Also, no one is telling you that you need to grind essences on your newly leveled allied races. Just race change.

1 Like

Lots of us actually work, so we can be on the forums, but not the game at certain times. I know that’s hard to understand. Also, character power progression has never been account wide, which is why I’m for catch up mechanics, but against them being account wide.

1 Like

I agree, I don’t want to hit 120 and have my alt be at the same power level as my main. I enjoy learning the class, collecting upgrades, moving up in arenas and M+ and earning my essences and seeing my character get powerful.

The only thing that is sorta annoying is doing the Heart of Azeroth quests again.

I know I’m probably in the minority on this.

1 Like

An essence reset wouldn’t mean they become account bound, it would mean they become outdated and you replace them with new ones. It’s not like old raid gear became account bound when a new raid zone is released.

1 Like

Yeah guys, If you don’t want to deal with this problem that Blizzard created, just give them more money. /forehead

4 Likes

The problem for me is the damn time gating again. I want essences on my alt but rank 3 VoP takes 6 god damn weeks to get.

1 Like

Why don’t people just ignore them like me?

2 Likes

yep. Or in a waiting list. Nice thing about alliance warfront is you get ample time to sign up for the once a run reward, get in line for the WF then go see the vendor, work the table, make the food/potions you have been putting off lol. Then hit the forums too.

1 Like

They are changing the reputation and cost for those in the 8.3 patch. It will still some effort but it shouldn’t take nearly as long.

Have 6 or so alts with 2 essences (all they will ever have), 2 toons with 3 or 4, and this toon with a bunch.

I’ll grind them a few times but after that no. Thankfully, the stuff I do with alts (ie’s and questing) you don’t really need.

Those are the ones you buy. Vision of Perfection still requires me to complete Mechagon once a week for 6 weeks. Conflict and Strife takes a minimum of 5 weeks iirc. Memory of Lucid Dreams is like 30 days. Worldvein Resonance is 5 weeks iirc. It’s all ridiculous.

3 Likes

It’s that largely based upon the difficulty you are running? You get 1 from normal and 2 from hard off the king.

They are reducing this one as well.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mechagon-and-nazjatar-essence-acquisition-in-visions-of-n-zoth/355193

I am willing to bet more of them will be changed as we get closer to 8.3 as well.

Huh what ?

If most people could get essences account bound they would . No one wants to grind them out on every toon.

As for telling the person to race change if they don’t like grinding essences on their newly leveled allied race.

That is one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen and you should feel bad for making such a stupid comment. How in H E double :ice_hockey: sticks would that solve the problem.

Blizz give me back my trust level 3 so I can shame gif this person

3 Likes

My alts could do just fine timing a +10 key, which is all i care about…because they’re alts. And that is without grinding my neck. I’ve got 4 120s that are decent and another 4 i don’t really care about. All of them fine without rank 3s

Not gonna lie I had no idea Hard mode gave 2. We’re still looking at 5 weeks for a bunch of these though. Also I am legitimately unsure if I can complete hard mode on some of my alts.

Blizzard clearly isnt going to get it that we WANT to play alts and these absurd systems they create are so against the concept of alts that yeah…they make it so we just give up.
Theyre like a cigarette company. They sell a product that is its own demise. The want to make money on something that literally makes it so the consumer has no incentive to keep buying it .

3 Likes

:+1::grin:
This company makes the game suck with essence grinds, then turns their stinking forum into a grind.
God I need to find a new forum to post on. :roll_eyes: