Esfand Procs redoubt while sit/standing [BUG?]

Yeah, it was reproducible easily against both players and mobs.

2 Likes

Community: Give us spell batching!
Also Community: PLEASE FIX THIS UNINTENDED EFFECT OF SPELL BATCHING

4 Likes

this was a bug in vanilla as well iirc.

idk much about how it worked in vanila, but isn’t that what they used for this guy?

Esfand is a god among men.

But does it apply to reckoning? Redoubt is small potatoes compared to reck.

Somebody did it with Enrage, at least. Would be strange if Reckoning did not benefit from the same mechanism.

no he’s not lol

He did it… but it can only occur when the two actions get batched together on a server tick… it’s impossible, or rather impractical, to do it reliably in a pvp or pve situation.

You are confusing two different things.

In Vanilla, being crit while sitting would not proc abilities. Most private servers do not correctly implement this condition and sit crits will proc abilities. This is what the blue post is talking about when it says that /sit is working as intended. If you are simply sitting on the ground then crits should not proc your abilities in the beta.

HOWEVER, because of spell batching it is possible to trick the game into generating a crit because you are sitting when the attack is generated but standing before the attack actually hits you, causing your ability to proc. This existed in Vanilla. I don’t expect Blizzard to remove this from the game. We asked for batching to be implemented in Classic and this is a part of batching. It’s possible that they consider this to be an exploit of batching but I’m not sure how you fix it without completely rewriting how attacks and ability procs are calculated in the game. I don’t recall it ever being fixed in Vanilla.

He was able to do it consistently and reliably.

No… I was watching it live…

He had to stand in one spot and do his /sit macro spam and have the rhythm perfectly match the mob swing. There were times where he could not get the rhythm right, it’s not something you can be reactive to.

In which he succeeded.

oh my sweet summer child…if only you knew about him and his theory crafting regarding this mechanic or lack thereof…

No idea what you are talking about. The video shows him clearly reproducing it with ease.

patience my son - all will be revealed later today on reddit

I wonder if sit/stand can be activated through an addon. If so, it should be fairly easy to automate with correct timing based on reading the combat log events.

plz do me at least this one favour - stop using /sit to describe this mechanic

use this instead - mashing your X button to both sit and stand

it is confusing people because of the blue post saying /sit won’t trigger procs

I wrote sit/stand specifically to avoid typing /sit.

i know but you know how people are - they see it and think /sit macro

ie: this