Error#0 assertion error! Main Thread

Uninstalled Nahimic and no more crashes. Using Dolby Atmos instead for now lol

Thank you all, the DX11 solution fixed it. Weird issue, also happened after a sound driver updated. I believe Nahmic as well.

It was an automatic update as soon as I turned the computer on that then needed to restart the computer to finalize. I saw your post somewhere else as well and tried to uninstall the Nahimic app but that doesn’t work. Also tried to change in game settings to Directx11 instead of 12 but to no use

Hi Bearlish

It looks like Nahimic and A-Volute (one and the same) are still involved in the error. If you go to the Control Panel > Program and Features do you see either Nahimic or A-Volute software. If so uninstall.

same

/sad panda

deleted Nahimic. working fine now

I got it to run, wasn’t when I had first did the long list of suggestions but now it is. I had uninstalled Nahimic, out of game changed it to Directx11, uninstalled realtok audio

DX11 solution fixed mine. Thank you! I also uninstalled the new audio update… “nahimic”

I can confirm unistalling NAHIMIC solves D312 crash errors. Thanks for this it was driving me crazy. I knew it had to do something with a recent update but i couldnt find out which was it.

I am hitting this as well. DX11 fix worked. I have nahimic software as well

I don’t have sound after doing this what is everyone using to get sound back?

I cannot seem to find the config.wtf file. Where is it?! Please help. I would like to play this game today.

I cant post my crash report… it says it contains a word that is not allowed. “s.p.e.r.M” without the periods

You can post the report on pastebin.com And post the last part of the link.

READ THIS
Uninstall Nahimic, remove it from your processes. Enjoy playing WoW again. It’s an audio bug.

1 Like

Not everyone getting the error has Nahimic installed. While it is the cause of many there are a few that it is being caused by other factors. I was getting the same error with the Creative SB X-Fi driver Update.

1 Like

Folk seem to be missing the possible workarounds posted earlier in this thread:

This error is likely the result of a Nahimic 3D sound software update that Windows automatically installed. Workarounds folk have found are the following.

1. Use DirectX 11
  2. End the Nahimic process in Task Manager ( I would also look for processes called A-Volute )
  3. Disable the Nahimic software in MSI Dragon Control Center.
  4. Uninstall Nahimic (It is bells and whistles 3D surround sound software) If you are uninstalling look for A-Volute software as well. One and the same.
2 Likes

I’ve done the DX11, nahimic uninstall. Instead of getting the exception error now im getting a disconnected WOW51900319

I had the auto-install Nahimic update as well. I fixed the issue finally by doing this:

1. With the Battle net desktop app opened and WoW selected click on Options
  2. Select Game Settings
  3. Find WoW and check the box for Additional command line arguments
  4. In the new box enter the command for the desired DirectX version:
  • -d3d11
  1. Click Done to save.
2 Likes

Well goodbye then. It wasn’t even their issue causing it. And even if it was a lot of people are having this problem so I’m sure they have thousands of tickets about the same thing. No need to be a jerk about it.

I had to uninstall the Nahamic software from my machine (Windows 10) as well. Rebooted and bingo. Thanks for those who replied with this fix.