Error#0 assertion error! Main Thread

I was able to log in this morning, now I’m getting this error. What information do you need to fix this problem?

1 Like

Ive had it on and off all day I just uninstalled and going to try again since Blizzard isnt addressing it

I uninstalled it too and tried changing the graphics to Directx11 like they said in another post but it’s still the same thing.

Can you please post the entire error. It should be located in the errors folder inside the game folder

ERROR #0 (0x85100000) Assertion failure!

Program: D:\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 3132
File: d:\buildserver\wow\1\work\shared-checkout\branches\wow-patch-8_2_0-branch-fastpatch-7\engine\source\gx\src\d3d12\gxdeviced3d12on10.cpp
Line: 428
Expr: SwapChain::Present threw an exception 2 times in a row

There should be a txt file in the errors folder with all of the error the path should be something like this

\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Errors

Same error for me, only way it work was after I change a line in the config.wtf from “D3D12” to “D3D11” (basically go back to DX11)

This morning the game was working fine then at one point my computer out of nowhere ask me to restart to update my audio driver and after I did then wow started giving me that error.

Same problem. Unable to figure out how to uninstall audio update.

The issue is fixed, my computer did the same thing with the audio update. Had to change the line in config.wtf just as you did.

Had the same issue. An audio update ran, game was fine before it, crashed after. I had to get into config.wtf as well and alter the line that said SET gxApi “D3D12” to SET gxApi “D3D11”

Can’t find my config.wtf file. There is nothing in the WTF folder and I ran a computer wide search.

1 Like

It’s not under World of Warcraft\ _retail_\WTF ?

That WTF folder is empty. I also check control panel to see if hidden files are shown.

I have the same error. Added error log in my post.

How exactly do I open the config.wtf? Windows is telling me I need an app to open it.

Right click. Open With, pick notepad.

Hi Folks

I see mention of an Audio update that may be involved here. What Audio update is that?

Blizzard yet again screws the game up and offers no help. I have tried everything on the forums and nothing has fixed the problem. 2 days now waiting for Blizz to respond to a ticket. I just started playing again after a year away and have about had it. UGH

I assume like most of us who received this error, we are not sure of the audio update. My computer promoted me that a audio update was needed very plain text
Audio Driver Updated
Restart
The computer restarted and lasted an abnormally long time, just shy of 2 hours. Since that restart WOW has been unavailable , I have repaired to no avail and I am currently reinstalling the game as I had no files in my folder that matched the description.

My update was Nahimic from the Windows Store not sure if it’s the same for everyone. I just uninstalled it from by clicking Start>Settings(Gear Icon)> Apps then from there you can sort by Install Date or look for the Program